Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

language translation Error???

Hello, When I access my forum page using a portuguese language translation add-on, I get the mistake you can see marked in the following screenshot: http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorvanillamk4.png It does not happen when I use the english language so I assume it has something to do with the language add-on. But I have checked everything in the definitions.php file and it looks fine. Could it be some kind of bug related to the theme I am using (delbat)? If not, can you please tell me exactly where to look or what needs to be fixed? Best regards.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    I hope it's not too late, but the problem seems to be an incomplete definitions.php file, wherever you have got that from. Maybe the language add-on you are using is of an earlier vanilla release? With some release of vanilla (I don't know which) some definitions had been moved from settings.php to the definitions files of the language for reasons of consistency I guess. In your case at least the following entries are missing:
    // Moved from settings.php $Context->Dictionary['TextWhispered'] = 'Private'; $Context->Dictionary['TextSticky'] = 'Sticky'; $Context->Dictionary['TextClosed'] = 'Closed'; $Context->Dictionary['TextHidden'] = 'Deleted'; $Context->Dictionary['TextSink'] = 'Sink'; $Context->Dictionary['TextBookmarked'] = 'Bookmarked'; $Context->Dictionary['TextPrefix'] = '['; $Context->Dictionary['TextSuffix'] = ']';
    The same problem triggered my writing of the German-formal-1.1.5a language add-on. But if you installed a current version of the Englisch language add-on everything should be displayed as expected.