Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notifi 2.0.1 and Quotations 1.5 email issue

edited February 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi everyone

I wasn't sure where to post this question so I thought I would start a new discussion.

The problem I have is I can't get the emails that 'Notifi 2.0.1' sends to display properly when a quote has been used - i get this in an email:

Post by: Fred Bloggs
[quote][cite]Posted By: John Smith[/cite]blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah[/quote] test quote

The quote displays properly on the comments web page but not in the email. It's not being converted to HTML I think?

I have 'Convert BBCode to HTML' selected in the Notifi options.

I have changed quote.js to quote-bbcode.js in the default.php in the Quotations extension.

I am also using following add-ons that might be related to my problem, in case that helps:
BBCodeParser
Extended Text Formatter

I'm a little new to Vanilla, BBCode, etc - am I going about this the wrong way?
Do I need to forget anything BBCode related and get everything formating as HTML?

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Well the problem is that there is no standard BBCode conversion for "cite", it's used differently all the time so I hadn't included it with Notifi. I will release an update that includes it though.
  • Thanks for the reply SubJunk

That's great news on the update - thanks very much

No pressure, but any idea on an approx turn around for the update.

Great add-on btw and thanks again for the reply.

Cheers

CH@0S
  • Thanks for the kind words. If I don't forgot I should be able to do it later today :)
  • Ok if you grab the new version (2.0.2) of Notifi it should work. Let me know if I made any mistakes.
  • Ok, now I'm getting some strange results - I happen to have 3 test accounts set up and all 3 get different version of an email with a quotation in it. Here they are, in the order they are received (although i guess that may not be relevant or accurate): Hello , The following comment was posted in the discussion Testing Notifi emails. Post by: Fred Bloggs [quote][cite]Posted By: John Smith[/cite]Testing Notifi emails are converting to HTML[/quote] Quotation test --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello , The following comment was posted in the discussion Testing Notifi emails. Post by: Fred Bloggs Posted By: John SmithTesting Notifi emails are converting to HTML Quotation test --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello , The following comment was posted in the discussion Testing Notifi emails. Post by: Richard Weller <blockquote><cite>Posted By: Richard Weller</cite>Testing Notifi emails are converting to HTML</blockquote><br /> <br /> Quotation test --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I've posted this as Text btw so this forum doesn't convert it. As you can see the 2nd one is fine - I might fine tune the layout and spacing but other than that its perfect. Just to be sure I created a new category and 3 new users all with the same settings but still got the same 3 emails as above. Any ideas what might be causing it? If it helps I could post the source of the emails or forward them onto you? Thanks CH@0S
  • That's pretty strange... I'm guessing the first one was done before the file was updated on the server. But yes the full source for the 2nd and 3rd emails would be good. Just forward them to me, my email is in the extension information
  • I've just forwarded on those emails - thanks for having a looks

CH@0S