Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Constanly getting logged out

edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I didn't visit my site for a couple weeks (was occupied elsewhere), and when I came back, I found that I was a guest.. I logged in and posted.. I go elsewhere and come back, and I find I'm logged out again.. If I take more than a few minutes to compose a comment, I'll lose it when I try to submit it, because I got logged out in the mean time... When I first installed vanilla, I didn;t have this problem.. I could come back the next day and still be logged in.. I could reboot the computer or shut it down, and come back the next day and still be logged in... I only have a couple registered users other then myself to help me test as I build the site... And one of them says that from the beginning, he's had to log in every time he visits the site... The only thing I changed since I went away, is making the site my homepage... Any idea what might be causing this? It's pretty annoying...

Comments

• Funny.. It's happening 'here' too.. but not at 'any' other forums.. only the two forums that run vanilla.. Is it possible that my ISP changed something? Something changed on my computer? I can't imagine what though as the few other forums I visit, I still stay logged in to... I'm knee deep in learning html and css right now, and have a book on php and mysqul I bought that I'll be diving into 'head first' immediately afterwards. but for the moment, I don't know enough about how this stuff works to even begin to try and understand what the problem is...
  • Well, for whatever reason, after visiting both my site and this one several times, the time before getting logged out increased, and then it just mysteriously stayed logged in.. both sites.. Go figure! I'd really like to understand why this is.. Seems like voodoo at the moment... :-)
  • Weird...