Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Editing DIGG theme - moving "1 New" in discussion overview

edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi guys and girls... I have a forum here: destroybeforereading.com/forum It is based, as you can see, on the DIGG theme but I'm wanting to make a few changes. On the page with the heading "All Discussuons" I want to do 2 (3) things: 1: Move the "# New" to the right so that people can glance down the right hand side for new posts. 2: have it highlight in red when there are new posts in that thread (3): maybe lose the SocialBookmarks too? I found discussion.php and started hacking away - I found the <li id="DiscussionNew"> but making changes didn't seem to have an effect. I moved the li code from the ul list and wrapped it in a <div> so that I could float it to the right but changing the css caused the whole row to change layout (even though I created a unique style for ".DiscussionNew"... Any ideas how I can grab hold of it? Am I in the right PHP file? I don't write PHP but i can wrap it in divs all day long ! :) Cheers Rob

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Looking at this thread: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/8828/how-can-i-eliminate-all-this-extra-information I seem to be doing it right but it seems to have no effect... I assume these changes should be instant? (after refresh etc) hmm... I'll keep plugging. :)
  • Hey - OK - I worked out how to fiddle with the positioning (it helps if you're editing the correct "discussion.php" file ! *rollseyes* Anyway... Still looking to highlight unread posts in red... Cheers Rob
  • It does this in the default installation doesn't it? I'll see if there is some PHP from the original page that I can rob... Any help appreciated. Cheers :)
  • Anyone able to direct me to the code to show threads with new posts in red ? :) Rob