Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Allow certain roles to bypass flood limits?

edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've been playing with Vanilla for a couple of weeks and was wondering if there's a permission you can grant to a role so that it's not affected by the topic/comment flood limits, or (better yet) have less restrictive limits? What I'm really looking for is a way to limit roles to a certain number of posts per day or week (to basically make a role suitable for new or "demoted" users). But if someone could point me to an easy way to bypass the flood limits for certain roles, and maybe extend the "Members cannot post more than X discussions within X seconds..." to cover longer durations, I'd be quite appreciative. Thanks! -VP

Comments

• Sorry to bump, but does anyone know how I might go about doing this? Thanks again.
  • I am also bumping. I want flood protection to apply to almost every user, but it should not apply to administrators and such. How can I set certain roles to not be affected by flood limits?

• You'd have to write a plugin or modify

applications/dashboard/controllers/class.utilitycontroller.php:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.