Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Big Problem.. Compression Error

edited March 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I tried installing MooTools on my Vanilla 1.1.5 install and then came up with an "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression." error in Firefox, safari and any other browser I used.. I unchecked the extension, deleted it... but im still getting this error. I cannot access my forum at all, did some critical file get messed up? Here's the site in question: http://www.deskvibe.net/

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know? :(
  • Options
    Warning: include(/www/110mb.com/d/e/s/k/v/i/b/e/deskvibe/htdocs/extensions/Mootools/appendix.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/110mb.com/d/e/s/k/v/i/b/e/deskvibe/htdocs/conf/extensions.php on line 30 Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/www/110mb.com/d/e/s/k/v/i/b/e/deskvibe/htdocs/extensions/Mootools/appendix.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /www/110mb.com/d/e/s/k/v/i/b/e/deskvibe/htdocs/conf/extensions.php on line 30

open conf/extensions.php and remove line 30. Also, are you using an extension to compress your page?
  • Options
    Yes, I'm using Low Cal Vanilla
  • Options
    Sorry for the bump, I got the issue fixed by reinstalling vanilla. However, now I get the same error when trying to view a whisper, any ideas? I think the DiscussionsOverview extension might have something to do with it, but im not sure. Here's the exact text I get in firefox when trying to open a private discussion/whisper: "Content Encoding Error The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression. _______________________________________________________________________________________________ The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression. * Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Disable LowCalVanilla or open conf/settings.php and set $Configuration['LOWCALVANILLA_GZIP_ALLOWED'] = '0';

Which version are you using? How do you compress the page?