Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can't upload new extension

x00x00 MVP
edited April 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have created an extension, yet when I upload it just directs me to the Add-ons page and there is no extension. Last time I did it was simple My existing extension doesn't edit either. There is no validation nothing. Might it be to do with the migration?

grep is your friend.

Comments

• Options
    still can't upload ???

grep is your friend.

• Options
    it is interesting there is really nowhere to report bugs with this site rather then Vanilla

grep is your friend.

• Options
    This seems like an issue that only Mark can solve, since it has to do with uploading files to his server. He only comes on every once in a while these days, as a search of his activity suggests.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Thanks for the heads-up. We've moved to a new server recently, so it likely has something to do with that. I'll look into it this morning.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm. It works for me.

Can you email me your extension file so I can give it a shot from here?

mark at lussumo dot com
  • Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2009
    I have also had some problems posting and I am not exceeding the max (I was quoting the same code as someone else but not as long) but sometime it won't go through, deleting some solve this. Have tried various browsers, it isn't a browser issue I don't think. But I tried just putting 'test' in all the fields other than the version, and left the files empty. I couldn't get validation unless I converted the form to GET. Otherwise I just got directed to the add-on page. As it happens my extension is not ready and I have expanded since I haven't been able to upload, but I can email you a sample. Just to let you know not all the docs are up e.g. http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:development:customcontrols

grep is your friend.

• Options
    ok I just tried it again with my zip and a screenshot. Not working. Emailing you now.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited April 2009
    just my 2 cent here, maybe the username? i had to type \\xoo to whisper to you xD
  • Options
    yes that is what i said to mark. He should be escaping

grep is your friend.

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It's not the username.

I've tried everything I could to duplicate his issues, but was unable to do so.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited April 2009
    I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Is there some firefox plugin we can use to follow the request/response to/from the server?
  • Options
    I just did it, and it worked first time this morning! weird. I was just about to use firebug to trace the Network requests. Thank very much what ever you did or didn't do. Although if I put my old user name (force of habit) I get this error on the top log-on page: Notice: Undefined variable: Found in /mnt/stor1-wc1-dfw1/390448/www.lussumo.com/web/content/community/library/People/People.Class.UserManager.php on line 503

grep is your friend.