Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Administrator stuck with default forum style?

muppetmuppet New
edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey folks, When, as a forum administrator, I access the "Settings" tab and then change the style and click save, I still see the default forum style (the last style I applied to all users) unless I set a new default style by clicking "apply to all users". Am I misunderstanding how this functionality works? How do I set one style to be the default that new members see, while having a different style for myself?

Comments

• Options
    it is not possible, either everyone can choose there own. or you all have the same one
  • Options
    You could install this http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=75
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You can change the Forum default (and thus, the default for new users) theme by going in to the conf/settings.php file. Beware however, you must know the exact location and name of the style you want to change.

Look for/add 'DEFAULT_STYLE' and 'THEME_PATH'.

'DEFAULT_STYLE' is the URL to the stylesheets folder (not directly to the css file).
    'THEME_PATH' is the absolute path on the filesystem to the folder containing the php files for the theme.