Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

email notification never works for me!

edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey, I am a web developer so I swear i'm not a total dunce at this stuff, but I've had this forum for a couple years now and email notification never works properly. Check it: I've used notify and notifi. the smtp is configured correctly so people do get emails - however, they only get one until the check the site. I need them to be constantly getting notifications as long as there's activity. I guess it would be ok to get someone to UNsubscribe to a thread theyre sick of following, or from a category they don't care about. But right now no one checks the forum because they forgot to check that one notification 3 months ago and now they never get notified again. So: I want everyone from now on to always get email notifications by default, whether they checked the last notification or not. Can someone help me make this happen? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    I second that request.
  • Options
    My forum is also suffering because of this, so any help will be much appreciated. It would be ideal if members receive notification of every activity in the categories to which they are subscribed.
  • Options
    You know, there's even a checkbox in settings for Notifi that says 'Force notification in all cases.' What does this mean if it clearly does not notify in all cases? Isn't that the point of this?