Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

PasswordHash error and Request PW error.. Help..

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Im new to Vanilla. The forum installed just fine and every work. But I get this warning on the front sign in/log out/request/apply membership pages and I dont know how to fix it. Can someone help me please? I replaced WEBSITE.COM. Warning: getmypid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/www/WEBSITE.COM/library/People/People.Class.PasswordHash.php on line 54 I also get this error when I try to request for a pw Warning: getmypid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/www/WEBSITE.COM/library/People/People.Class.PasswordHash.php on line 54 Notice: Undefined variable: php_errormsg in /home/www/WEBSITE.COM/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Email.php on line 164 A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while sending the email. Affected Elements Email.Send(); For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

Comments

• Contact your host about this issue. They have disabled the getmypid() function in PHP.
  • Is it important to enable the getmypid() function? Forum works fine except for the requesting the pw part and the error messages appear..
  • edited May 2009
    That function is used as part of the password encryption algorithm. They will have to enable the function in order for you to stop seeing the error.

My guess is they are being a little too paranoid about security as getmypid() doesn't really do much.
  • @shootingtars: I will check what you can use instead of getmypid. I guess it needs some source of random number and use the pid.
  • Thanks Dinoboff and sirlancelot.

I simply removed the error messages and popups. But the forum cant get email nofies or pw requests.