Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Wordpress Integration - Admin Users Booted

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, i think the issue with the wordpress integration has to do with the newest version of vanilla, not wordpress. i had the previous version of vanilla installed in a wordpress sub-foider. i did a fresh install of vanilla in a different wordpress sub-folder. both installations of vanilla access the same db. the older version of vanilla and wordpress2.7.1 work just fine. i can login no problem. with the new version of vanilla... i removed $Configuration['AUTHENTICATION_MODULE'] = 'People/People.Class.WordpressAuthenticator.php'; from the conf/settings.php file as it was keeping users from logging in. now all users can login. members can post and seemingly have full functionality. admin however, after logging in, is redirected to index.php. if i click a link or reload the page, admin is booted and must login again. login again, and i'm booted. another issue that might be related to this is that on two separate occasions, admin's role in wordpress changed randomly. in other words, i got the user does not have permission error when going to wp-admin. I had to login with another admin account and change the user status of the other admin, back to administrator. before i freak out, the one thing i'm not sure i did with the new install is this... settings tab / registration management and changed the “New member role” to “Member” i dont think that matters but would love to at least verify it. could anyone tell me how to update this value via ftp/db? any suggestions on why admin is being booted after logging in?