Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can't move posts

edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I'm a new user of Vanilla and am using it as a VLE for a leadership programme. I now need to sort out categories and move posts around, but when I try to move, it gives me the warning, I press OK and the category stays the same. I've searched the forum to no avail, and tried the documentation: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:administrators:troubleshooting setting the permissions to 666 has not solved it. Can anyone help? thanks, Joe PS using vanilla 1.1.8

Comments

• Options
    Hi, another point - I'm a Mac user, and have just tried it on Camino browser. When i change category, there is movement/the icon beside the post category looks like it is doing something, but after it 'finishes' the category remains in the same place. I've also tried it on Firefox and Safari 4. Does anyone else have this problem? could it relate to a plug in or extension? thanks, Joe
  • Options
    It's working for me. Is it a fresh install?
  • Options
    Hi Dinoboff, thanks for your comment. Nope, not a fresh install - but followed the instructions on the web for upgrading. Do you suggest a delete and fresh install? Sounds scary!! Can someone point me in the right direction re instructions as to how to do this? thanks, Joe
  • Options
    Have you tried a hard refresh, maybe your js files need to be reloaded.
  • Options
    Hi Dinoboff, thanks for suggestion - not sure how to do a hard refresh on a mac! I've pressed shift and refresh - to no avail. Joe
  • Options
    just figured out how to refesh cache - replaced the JS folder then refreshed cache but still can't move categories! arghhh Joe
  • Options
    Hi folks - this is becoming a real problem for me using the forum. I still can't edit / change the categories on the posts - can anyone help?? thanks, Joe