Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Notify guest users

edited July 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
As we all know, letting guest users to have a little control on your website is getting more important day by day. People do not want to sign up just to provide an answer to a simple question. Thanks to vanilla developer Klaus, he developed notifi application to let guest users also post on the discussions. It really caused my forum posts to increase dramatically. One thing i realized that, some of the questions asked by guest are answered but the person who asked the question cannot be aware of it. If there was an extension which lets guests to subscribe to discussions by providing their emails, it would be great. Here is the working scenario; 1) I asked sth in the discussion and I want to subscribe to this discussion without signing up 2) click subscribe to this discussion link on the left 3) ask for the email address 4) send a deactivation link for the subscription to the email address so that the person can deactivate his/her subscription later 5) send email when someone adds a comment to the discussion In this way, guest users will be more willing to signup because they will be provided with a more qualified service. What do you think? Regards. Omer