Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Postgresql support?

edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Any plans to support Postgresql?

I had some spare time one evening and started to play with Vanilla2 and Postgres and I managed it get going somehow...
Postgres is not necessary case sensive and I started to build it without case sensitivity.
Some point at night I found out that it might not be good approach as Garden / Vanilla2 calls DB object with case sensitive.

Well maybe I need to try again and build with case sensitivity.

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    We've abstracted the db layer somewhat and can have a postgres object to build the sql, but it would take some work and a lot of testing. The class.postgressql.driver.php and a class.postgressql.structure.php would have to be fleshed out.

Let me know if you want to give it a try and I can answer any questions you have.
  • Options
    Sure I would like to try those, as I planned to build those files again anyway. I am still hoping to get things going with Pg.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I'll try and help anyway I can. I haven't really used Postgresql, but can install it and help you with any questions from the Vanilla side..