Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Odd post times

merfedmerfed New
edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I run a vanilla forum 1.1.5a I believe (will get to updating soon), but I want to know if this bug is fixed in recent versions or some odd result of anything. I'm getting posts in threads dated 5 hours ago, when they were just posted. And it's being saved to the database as such.

Comments

• Options
    Now things that were posted a few minutes ago, have just moved up to 5 hours ago and everything posted before that up to 19 hours ago.
  • Options
    merfedmerfed New
    edited August 2009
    More information: post times changed once again. Now some are back from 5 hours to a seemingly correct time. And some are back to 19 hours. Seems to be all time stamps, such as last active, etc. I can't narrow it down, but it seems to fluctuate between good times and odd times. The odd thing about it, was prior to tonight, it was working without problems.

I can't think of anything that could have caused it. I've been running 1.1.5a for months now, I even took the database back a few days to when we were running fine. The only changes to the server were: mysql 5 update and then turning on php 5 after the problem started.

When I reset the db it ran fine for a few, then reverted back the the problem. Old posts are fine and no errors. New ones are fine for a bit, then get changed.

The first 3 posts in the newest thread have these timestamps in the db:

1. 2009-08-07 00:30:21

2. 2009-08-07 00:32:37

3. 2009-08-07 00:35:37

The 4th posts has this time stamp and is displayed before the previous posts but was made after:

4. 2009-08-06 19:43:16

I'm also able to confirm that it is only vanilla affected. Any other app using a db on my server is fine. As far as I can tell it goes in this pattern: Fine, 19 hours, fine, 5 hours (with only some being 5 hours).