Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

My Opinions on Vanilla2 and Graden

edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I never used Vanilla1, mostly because the layout never really appealed to me. So I am really new to Vanilla.

Pros:
+ Easy installation(super easy :D)
+ Garden is a new concept to me, but I love how it works.
+ Super simple design, that has only what is needed and not everything else. Unlike phpBB, which likes to display everything is possibly can on the homepage.
+ Simple to learn (as I pretty much installed it, and learned within 5 mins)
+ I like being able to add comments right on the spot and not having to let the page reload several times before a comment is posted.

Cons:
+ When I get an error(of any sort), it's rather complicated. The page with the error takes up massive space, and upon install I had some sort of error(I fixed), but it completely broke the dashboard.
+ I also had a few problems with installing things, and uninstalling things. One, the CssThemes plugin doesn't work, and I can't find a proper reason. Two, I tried to disable the Vanilla application(I assume this is just supposed to stay on), and it now gives me a Fatal Error on the index page. So maybe, not allow this to be turned off, or at least if it is make sure the user doesn't get a Fatal Error.

Suggestions:
+ Facebook Connect - People like convince, and FB Connect gives it to them. Allowing them to sign up via Facebook, and login using Facebook.

That's all that I really have, as I really like the software, and will contiune to watch it develop and use it needed.

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Thanks for the feedback. We are working through the bugs you mention and hope to get them fixed asap. You're Facebook suggestion is a great one and one of our top priorities. I hope you stay tuned to see our progress.