Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not really a problem...

edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I noticed (on this forum) that some peoples profile links "vanillaforums.org/profile/user" link to "vanillaforums.org/garden/profile/user". What's up with that? Both links work fine, but I was curious to know why that happens.

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Good question!

Vanilla 2 is built on a new platform that we've called "garden". The user profile pages are actually a part of Garden, and not Vanilla. The idea is that you can create any application you want (a blog, a wiki, a forum, etc) and install it in the Garden platform. One of the benefits of this is that all of the users, roles and permissions are all managed by Garden - so you don't have to build all of that stuff into your application.

Garden is smart enough for you to leave out the "garden" from the url and still find user profiles. I'm actually curious where you saw the garden in the url, because I should remove it so everything is more consistent.

Regardless, if you want to learn more about Garden and how Vanilla works with it, check out our docs:

http://vanillaforums.org/docs
  • I went to the "activity" section, and most of the new users have it. It looks like all the previously registered people (Vanilla 1) have domain.com/profile and all new users have domain.com/garden/profile
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Awesome - thanks!