Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Trouble updating role settings

edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am trying to add permissions to a role - I make the changes, click Save, and get a little message saying my changes have been saved. But when I go back into the edit screen for the role, I see that the changes were *not* saved. Has anyone else run into this? How do I fix this?

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Vanilla 1 or 2?
  • Options
    Vanilla 1
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Does it happen on every role or just one? If you create a new role do they get applied properly? Do you have any other problems besides this one? Is this a new problem on an old installation, or a new problem on a new installation?
  • Options
    I believe this is a new problem on an old install. I tried creating a new role and had the same issue. The permissions were checked by default (which gave me hope) but when I viewed the properties after creating the role, the permissions were unchecked.
  • Options
    It's the "Viewable tabs/pages" that I'm having trouble with - they won't stay checked.
  • Options
    thoughts?