Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Moderator only catagories?

kaakaa
edited October 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello, just wondering if it's possible to set up catagories that only moderators can use to label their discussions? (but normal members are allowed to comment in them) Reason is, I had an idea of kind of turning my site into a blog and message board in one, before it used to be a blog type site with a message board, but now I'm looking for some convergence. The blog type entries could be posted under the mod only catagories (like "staff reviews" or something) and everything else is considered a forum post. Great script by the way, keep up the good work!

Comments

• Currently no. As far as i'm aware there will be a much greater control over permissions in the next revision (due around the end of this month, fingers crossed) which will allow you to make (hopefully) read/write permissions per category/discussion based on roll type.
  • It's rather sad we keep having to answer problems with "It's in the next rev."

When is this mystical time Mark?
  • I wouldnt say it was sad atall. Thats a much better answer than 'no, go away'. The mystical time is as soon as he can sit down and finish upgrading his baby - which he estimates to be around the end of this month when his wife goes away for 2 weeks so he'll have more free time to spend coding. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to do it for us by tomorrow if we covered his years salary.
  • Thanks for the reply guys, really hope this feature does make it into the next version, it'll make the script absolutely perfect for me (although it pretty much is perfect already).
  • ...which he estimates to be around the end of this month when his wife goes away for 2 weeks so he'll have more free time to spend coding...
    Hahaha, I know exactly how that is.
This discussion has been closed.