HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Privates messages

edited August 2009 in Feedback
It´s not very clear how to send a PM. I think It would be more easy if under the profile´s photo (like on Facebook and many other) We put a link for it.

Also on the conversations it´s not very usable that the most prominet link take you to your own profile - I click it every first time I go to my "inbox" :(
Tagged:

Comments

• Posting comments on a user's profile page seems a lot easier, so adding the ability to make those comments private with a wall-to-wall view similar to facebook (or even making a discussion between the two users similar to Vanilla1's whisper feature) would probably make private messaging obsolete.
  • SS ✭✭
    I think that Vanilla1's whisper feature is awesome. In discussion thread canbe usable like offtopic and like private messages. Necessarily need plugin to realize this classic feature.
  • Whispers were pretty good, and especially with integration with notifications it could work better. However i still have a soft spot for more traditional messaging which is why i like the conversations too. The ability to have others in the conversation is useful. I think a mixture of both would be nice, not a mash up. Otherwise there would be 3 ways of talking to people. I'm thinking more something along the lines of being able to pin a conversation to a location in a thread. So unlike whipsers that show the whole message and appear to you and the recipient a link to a conversation in that place.

[ A conversation has been started between you and john regarding this thread. ]