Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upload pictures to Forum discussion topics?

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Will Vanilla 2 have the option to upload pictures and files to the forum discussions. Maybe embed videos as well.

We are close to begin installation and wanted to find out if this will be an available possibility and/or if its already an option.

loving the vanilla 2 theme!

Comments

• Options
    I think embedding youtube videos is already possible in vanilla2 due to HTMLPurifier. It's not as convenient as in AutoLinks for V1.
    A plugin to upload attachments is what is still missing to make me switch over to vanilla2. Unfortunately my PHP-skills are not sufficient to build one on my own.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    SS ✭✭
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2009
    There are no attachments for Vanilla 2 in the base, I don't see it on the roadmap, and I don't believe there is an addon for it yet. However, I'm probably going to end up writing one later this fall if one doesn't turn up soon.
  • Options
    SS ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    @John12
    Actually, now there is no necessary event in code to hook render of discussion post form.

Today I see this problems in creating such plugin:

1. no necessary event in view

2. form encoding type (multipart/form-data) is not set (possible change by Javascript, but comment is submitting by AJAX and this change will be ignored) [Need disable hijack comment form button clicks...]

While I writing this an another idea has been born. I could override Form::Open(). Will be in next release of Morf plugin.

But still need to disable hijack comment form button clicks.
  • Options
    SS ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Another idea: to create new window (like in wysiwyg editors).
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @S fwiw, vBulletin uses a new window, which also allows the files to be submitted without reloading the form that you're typing your comments in. On the other hand, I also frequently have to explain to new users how to attach files, so I'm on the fence about the usability of that approach.