Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

vanillaforums.org

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was wondering, what is used to run vanillaforums.org? Is it a certain CMS? You probably designed yourself, but I was just wondering. It is quite impressive...And what about the Documentation page? What script is used on that? Just wondering
Thank you

Comments

• This site (along with Vanilla2) is built upon Garden, their new PHP framework.

In basic terms, they have Garden (the framework, handles the basics of accounts, sessions, signing in, etc), and then they create applications which add new functionality, such as Vanilla2, the Addons area, the Documentation, etc.
    Then comes plugins, which extend the functionality of applications. And lastly, themes of course.

The Documentation area goes into much more detail, it's a good read ;)
  • I see thank you for explaining that...
    ok, so the entire site is running on the garden framework and the forums section runs on vanilla, right? And in the future, there might even be other applications for users to use?

So is garden in the root folder of this domain, and all the applications create their own sectiosn on the website? /discussions , /blog, etc.

thank you very much
  • That's the idea. As mentioned, the documentation area has a wealth of information.
    I think these two pages would be of particular interest to you ;)

http://vanillaforums.org/page/ProductRoadMap

http://vanillaforums.org/page/FolderStructure
  • Oh wow, really cool stuff
    Thanks for the links

So reading those, I confirm my idea that this is more than just a forum system (vanilla 1)
    That is really col
    I love how this is turning out
    ^_^

I love how the plan is to have one new plugin every week
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Thanks for clearing the fog, Mike :)

I've been mostly working on bugs and upgrades for the last few weeks, and I haven't blogged about them because I just haven't had time. This week I am going to be releasing a really cool plugin, and I am definitely going to blog about it. I'm super excited to show it off :)
  • Awesome. I cannot wait to see it!!