Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Database Error when Installing Vanilla 2 & Garden

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi,

I'm installing on a completely clean server, and I set up everything perfectly I'm sure. For some reason, Vanilla 2 isn't letting me set it up and is giving me an error with the Database information.

Specifically, the error is:
"The connection parameters you specified failed to open a connection to the database. The database reported the following error: could not find driver"

I don't really know what the problem is, but it works flawlessly if I do it with Vanilla 1.19 or whatever that version is. Any help? I'm going to try downloading again.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @jstennis1591 - It's not a connection problem, it's a driver problem. Make sure that you have PDO, and PDO_MYSQL enabled for php.
  • Options
    jbminnjbminn New
    edited October 2009
    Here's how to resolve that error; it is common, as PDO is not a typically installed PHP MySQL driver.

1. Use PECL to install PDO & PDO_MYSQL

a. pecl install PDO

b. pecl install PDO_MYSQL

2. Edit your php.ini to load the drivers

a. add these lines to php.ini (assuming /etc/php.ini)

extension_dir=/usr/lib/php/modules <--- this is where pecl installed the modules

extension=pdo_mysql.so <---- this is the specific module name to load

b. save the file; note the path it is in for use in Step 3.

3. Ensure Apache starts up with the correct php.ini loaded; often it does not.

a. in terminal, set the PHPRC var

i). export PHPRC=/etc <--- this is used if you edited /etc/php.ini in Step 2. Path only!

b. Start or restart Apache

i). /etc/init.d/httpd restart <--- this may differ from distro to distro

4. You should now have a running Apache instance with a properly configured PHP with PDO & PDO_MYSQL support
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I started issue 180 on GitHub about this. We're answering the same question over and over which means something needs to be adjusted :)