Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to Default to Categories Page

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'd like my main page to be categories.php and not index.php. How can I change this? I put a redirect code in the index.php file, but that caused a problem. When I clicked on one of the headings on categories.php, it wouldn't work and forwarded me back to categories.php.

Any help will be appreciated. My site is http://postyouradlinkfree.info

Comments

• Options
    Hi, the above plugin not only made categories my default page, but it also disabled my threads list tab. What I did, I've changed index.php file name to categories.php in root folder and in the theme folder files I changed line 21 in categories.php file from 'index.php' to 'categories.php' and I've also added two exceptions to menu.php file on line 30:
    if ($Tab['Text'] == 'Categories') $Tab['Url'] = 'index.php';
    if ($Tab['Text'] == 'Threads list') $Tab['Url'] = 'categories.php';
    I use Vanilla forum 1.1.5a
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    I tried this and it didn't seem to work for me. When I change the index.php file to categories.php in the root folder, is there no index file now? Do you do your hacks AND install the Category-Page-First or not? Any help will be appreciated.
  • Options
    Not exactly, I swapped the names of the files. I renamed category.php to index.php and renamed the file that originally was named index.php into category.php. So the number of files stays the same.