HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding OpenID support

scottyscotty
edited January 2010 in Feedback
Wouldn't it be great to have open id supported on Vanilla. This would enable people to use their openid login information to be able to participate on Vanilla forum!

openid has PHP support libraries available, at this link :

http://openid.net/developers/libraries/

Experts, how does it sound ? Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for the pointer. Sounds like some really cool features. Cheers
  • I would like to suggect Google Friend Connect integration as well. Actually, if you implement Google FriendConnect login, then it already has support for openID, so you don't have to write separate OpenID plugin if you have Google FriendConnect plugin.
  • scottyscotty
    edited August 2010
    Thanks snytkine!! this was very helpful. I opened an account in Friend Connect and within a few minutes I had a gadget on my forum where people could connect using their Google/Yahoo/OpenID. Also by one click the gadget will open all connections of the user using which they may want to invite more people to this site. Exactly what I was looking for, but didnt know it existed.

Thanks a lot! Cheers!!
  • In the excitement of finding about Friend connect I think I overlooked your point. Yes, integration of Vanilla-logins using Friend connect plugin will really be helpful as well.

cheers
  • I know this is old post but was wondering is anyone working on Google Friend Connect plugin maybe?