Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2 Release Candidate (we need your help)

Comments

• I'll help anyway I can.
  • How do I download vanilla 2 from GitHub? Is there a download link? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
    http://github.com/lussumo/Garden
  • click on download source right under explorer github @jamestheman
  • I wish theming was easier. It's a bummer so many of the styles are tucked away in a few stylesheets.

The cssTheme plugin seems to crash every time I activate it.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    cssTheme is broken.
    Wait the RC before theming, as they were changes related to that in that branch. Otherwise, you will have to revisit it again.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @Pasquale - We're working on making theming easier. Currently in the RC branch we've got all of the css files combined into one, and we've also implemented a "custom.css" file that allows you to just add your custom definitions to one file that will override the default ones. This makes it so that changes to our css & html won't overwrite or break your css defs. Neat!
  • I've always found theming pretty easy with vanilla2. I like how everything works on it.
  • @Mark that is wicked - really looking forward to this RC...
  • I am also! It's going to much better than any other alternative forum software!
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It's looking really good. Implemented a ton of cleanup over the last few days. We also made our first dev hire at Vanilla, and he started yesterday. So, things are speeding along, now :)
  • @Mark i expect a compulsory introduction blog post then is in order. :)
  • Great news! Welcome to the new guys, and looking forward to seeing some updates :-)
  • The answer is a definite Yes, Mark. However some guidance on how I can help would be useful. My knowledge of the stack I'm on, how to pass on logs when I notice bugs etc is limited. I'm happy to do it, if I'm told what to do.

I realise that sounds like just another job to be done on your part. All I know is I'm happy to install, design and and roll out a site with Vanilla 2 - I'm just not sure how to report back to you with the problems I come across other than posting a loose description of what is happening as a post in the community forums.

cheers
    David
  • I would also agree with davidk43. If there is any easier way to help post bugs and stuff, then I'd like to know.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited April 2010
    I hear you guys. We are most likely going to set up a new issue tracking forum (with some customizations to help with the tracking) for this purpose. We'll just use one of our hosted forums and single-sign-on it here to the community forum so you don't need to set up new accounts or anything.
  • Dogfooding, I like your style @Mark :)
  • I can help with testing, but not so much with fixing.
    System specs:
    Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala"
    Apache 2 with PHP 5 and MySQL 5.1
  • Yes.
  • PS: Where to find said RELEASE CANDIDATE?
This discussion has been closed.