Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2 Release Candidate (we need your help)

124»

Comments

• i think they mean to say it will come out soon.
  • Yes, that's what they mean. You can download the latest copy from Git if you'd like to test it out. Click Here to visit GitHub.
  • @Tim or @Mark can you add the cache and upload directory's to the RC branch

http://github.com/lussumo/Garden/tree/rc
  • Yes.
  • @Mark, to be clear, is the RC branch in Git ready for testing - or are you still modifying that to get to the RC status and then will merge that back into the main branch. *confused* :)
  • I am ready for plug-in.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    When the RC is ready we will merge back into master and tag it as the release candidate. It is not ready yet.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @bobtheman - That is a trade-off. On the one hand we can leave the folders there and the user will need to chmod them during the install process, or we can remove the folders and let Garden create them during the install process (which will work about 90% of the time). We decided that it would probably be less work for most users if we removed them from the package and let the installer create them (or leave them there if they already existing for some reason).
  • edited April 2010
    dig.
    ahem... i mean "Yes"
    I can do an install under CentOS on a public VPS. What / how-to submit a proper report for this sort of contribution? (could even play w/ SQL compat-- as to install beside, and import from this craptacular bizness )
  • Yes, would love to help! Since I'm new to Vanilla, will start off with the latest dev version and keep track of bugs.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm new to Vanilla :) I downloaded Vanilla 2 and installed it onto my website. It looks really good. I don't know if it's a bug (don't think so) but yea maybe someone can tell me why the community forum that is:

http://sa.vanillaforums.com/

has CSS and the one I downloaded and installed onto my own website doesn't have CSS? Can I add/purchase it?

Thanks
  • Thanks Mark
  • @Mark - Ok I added my own theme now. Works good thanks. I just want to find out. On the Vanilla community that I created I can go into my dashboard and I have a "CSS" tab that I can use. Is this possible with the one I installed on my own website? Or is it best to edit the style.css file itself?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited May 2010
    The "Custom CSS" page on VanillaForums.com is a custom bit of code we wrote for the hosting service customers so they can have some control over css. What you have with the download version is *complete* control. The danger of having "complete control" is that when we release updates to the source code, it could break your design changes.

We've been working on improvements to the download product to help alleviate these problems. The release candidate will have a "custom.css" file that you can include in your theme folder that will work just like the "Custom CSS" plugin does on the hosting service.

So, the short answer is: yes, you can just edit the style.css file. However, be aware that as we finalize the code for Vanilla 2, there will be some pains during upgrades.
  • Im testing the Garden Release now, very good, plug-ins need to be verified as working but thats all
  • YES
    please count me in...
    http://pdapimps.com
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Just released Vanilla 2.0 RC1.

Closing this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.