Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0 RC1

13»

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @charliepratt. Rackspace cloud doesn't support fulltext indexes? Yikes. I guess we'll have to have a like option. Not the best.
  • Almost time for rc2, lots of updates to rc1 already
  • Is there anybody, who's got issues with pre-installed conversations?
    I Just get a 404 if i click inbox/new conversation at the menue.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @tobbes run your structure file. Get back to me if there is a problem still.
  • problem is still there. is there any additional setup stuff i have to do to get conversations running? I didn't find a readme or online documentation etc. :/
  • Uninstalled, reinstalled. Now it works. Maybe the problem was, that i first run the installation with mysql 4.xx and didnt clear the DB after i updated to mysql 5.xx and run the installation again.
  • @rayk said:
    So since this is RC, I'm guessing it's safe to start working on own themes? Or are the style/themes template going to go through more changes?
    what is the answer to this question?
  • I would say yes, considering Vanilla are releasing themes now themself.
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    So since this is RC, I'm guessing it's safe to start working on own themes? Or are the style/themes template going to go through more changes?
    I would like to have an official statement from the developers about this, too. Thanks.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    We're continually adding features to the themeing capabilities of Vanilla, so it is by no means static, but I don't foresee a big overhaul in the works anytime soon.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    @Tim When I looked closer into adapting my theme for RC2, I realised that most of my own adjustments have been built in to Vanilla. So the efforts to make my theme RC2-ready turned out to be very minimal ;-)

Anyway, this is for sure not the case for everybody...