HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dummy localization file needed

lukoielukoie New
edited June 2010 in Localization
Where can i get an empty localization file with every string used on the site?

for example, to create my own localization file i had to take german localization, and translate it by hands, but still there's some parts missing.
Tagged:

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    This does not exist yet.

Our process favors rapid development (a good choice due to the phase of the project at this time), not single iteration feature completeness. As such, things like this will come when (as I mentioned in another thread) we are able to devote serious time to features like Localization.

For now you are on your own to find and translate language strings.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    @lukoie you could create one for the Community by using a fresh installation with no locale, and then enable the Smart Localization Undefined Translation Collector-Plugin. Browse now on as many pages as possible, and then end up with a Template containing all the (unlocalized) localization strings.

Just an idea, as you said you wanted to contribute :-)
  • SS ✭✭
    Not "Smart Localization" plugin, but "Undefined translation collector". Download it here http://vanillaforums.org/addon/562/
  • SS ✭✭
    Bug "syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']" was fixed in version 1.1.
    Open default.php and read KNOWN ISSUES section.
  • thanx @S
  • lukoielukoie New
    edited June 2010
    now using v1.1 i've got:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home/users/MYDOMAINNAME/plugins/TranslationCollector/Dashboard.php on line 3
  • SS ✭✭
    @lukoie
    Could you dump your /TranslationCollector/Dashboard.php file? I want to see it.
  • SS ✭✭
    No problems found.
    T("Who's Online");
    Saved as
    $Definition['Who\'s Online'] = '';
    Read KNOWN ISSUES section. Read it carefully!
  • @S
    Read KNOWN ISSUES section. Read it carefully!
    yeah, i have
    and it says "This is issue fixed in version 1.1", which i have!
  • SS ✭✭
    Also it says, if you get error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in
    /some/path/to/plugins/TranslationCollector/[ApplicationName].php you should remove this file or just remove this "problem" line.

You did it and same error still occurs?
  • this issue, it says, was removed.
    yes, i did, and still had the same problem
    but now i had a bigger troubles with plugins, so dont even know where the priblem is. maybe i need to reinstall vanilla from the scratch.