Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Non-URL-friendly characters conversion problem

TudorTudor
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
In Vanilla 2 I've noticed all the non-URL-friendly characters are either replaced with dashes or discarded completely. As a consequence the URLs are totally meaningless if you happen to write in a language other than English. I don't think it's a feature, so I suppose it's a bug?

Vanilla 1 did a great job converting characters for "friendly URLs": for example an "ü" becomes "u", "ø" becomes "o" and so on.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    File an issue on GitHub :) Not sure it'll make it for the first release, but it'd at least be good to note for later.
  • TiGRTiGR
    edited July 2010
    The fix is plain simple:

add
    $Mixed = utf8_decode(str_replace(self::$Code, self::$Translation, $Mixed));
    after
    } else {
    in library/core/class.format.php, function Url.

P.S: Have not tried pulling this, since I've got no response for my pulls.
  • @TiGR - thank you, it's working.
    And also related to this subject: in the same PHP file the $Code and $Translation arrays should be updated to include some of the other international characters. In my installation I added ș/Ș and ț/Ț which are used in Romanian language.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @Todd has been working on a new version of Format::Url() that will handle these cases much better.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]