Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_Plugin' not found

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I'm using 2.0 rc3 and I get the following error when I try to install Vanilla on my hosting provider (nearlyfreespeech.net):

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_Plugin' not found in /f5/gasketguy/public/forum/plugins/GettingStarted/default.php on line 13

Installation went smoothly on my local server. Any clues as to why this would be happening???

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    That's quite weird. Normally we explicitly include files like that in the bootstrap.php but I don't see it there. It probably should be, and I've just added it.

If you want to do this for your install, find bootstrap.php and add
    require_once(PATH_LIBRARY_CORE . DS . 'class.plugin.php');
    A good place to put it would be right above require_once(PATH_LIBRARY_CORE . DS . 'class.pluggable.php');

Sorry about that.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Ok, I added that line and now I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_SliceProvider' not found in /f5/gasketguy/public/forum/library/core/class.plugin.php on line 21
  • I avoided the issue by going down to RC2. Everything seems to be working fine now.
    You can also try going up to the latest RC code from http://www.vanillaforums.org/download/nightly ... sorry for the inconvenience :/

• I get the following error when i want to post a discussion. Any options to solve this issue?

Fatal error: Class 'MediaModel' not found in /srv/www/source/unstable/misc/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php on line 184
    This has been fixed. Please do not double post in the future. Additionally, you are a hosted customer, please email support@vanillaforums.com with any issues!

• edited July 2010
    Tim, do you happen to know what file or what github commit fixes this? I ran into this issue on our host server (not local devel) and wanted to have it fixed without reinstalling vanilla. Thanks!
  • I just updated my install of Vanilla via Wordpress and I am getting the same error as the first poster. I'm am hosting the forums on another host. But would love to use this forum software. Any clue what the issue/fix is?

• ^^ Split ^^

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Here's the strange way it happened for me:

I uploaded the vanilla folder to my web server
    I set up url forwarding from forums.my-domain.com to my-domain.com/forums
    I waited until my server forwarding started working
    I decided to change the name of the folder, and re-set my server forwarding
    after changing the folder name and another successful forwarding set-up, I got the error mentioned above

seems really strange and to have occurred from nowhere as I didn't start the vanilla set-up process yet, I was having all kinds of issue with url forwarding so I waited until that seemed to work perfectly

Since I haven't really set up anything yet, I deleted the whole folder and re-uploaded it with the name I wanted and now everything is fine again.

• Hello dear,
    I have downloaded latest 2 version of vanilla, it is working well at my localhost but when i uploaded localhost's vanilla form with database it shown me an error like

"Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found in /home/testweb/public_html/discussion/bootstrap.php on line 47"

I have deleted temporary cache files but it is not working.
    I am also a web developer from last 4 years, please let me know how can i overcome this problem.

my gmail id: kkhatti@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance :)

With Regards
    Kamlesh