Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BBInsertBar

Comments

• With JQMedia enabled you should simply have to paste the URL of the media in and it should display nicely. If it doesn't, then we need to find out why.

Since JQMedia exists, I think it would make sense to put the effort into making it perfect (or as close to as possible) rather than wasting time adding the same kind of functionality to umpteen different extensions.
  • Yes, I seem to be having a minor difficulty with this extension. Now its installed and showing up on the comments but when I click the buttons it will only enter the letters, no []'s or /'s. When I press the bold button only bb shows up, not [b][/b]. Also, a few of the buttons will not work at all. Such as center, left align, right align and a few others. EDIT: Okay, now none of the buttons work at all, doesn't do a thing... Doh! Any solutions? Thanks!
  • It sounds like something's horribly broken.

I'd definitely disable the extension, then delete the folder. Download a fresh copy, extract it, upload it and then enable it.

Also, which version are you using? OS? Browser? URL for us to go and take a look ourselves?
  • Well I did that a couple times, but it still happened. But I found one that works... The ForcedBBCode extension seems to be the only one that works for me. All the other BBCode ones would not show the []'s for some reason. It might be the Parser itself, not quite sure. But since I have this one working now I'm fine. I just wanted a nice bar for people to use. Thanks... But for your curiosity I was using the latest Vanilla and Windows XP, Firefox.
  • I didn't ask about the versions you were using out of curiosity! But anyway, I'm glad you've found a solution that worked for you.
  • If you want to use the unofficial BBInsertBar 0.2, I think I've figured out why it doesn't work for some people. I think it's conflicting with the JQuery extension, and if it's activated AFTER JQuery, it stops working. If it's activated BEFORE JQuery (and other JQ extensions) it works just fine thanks ;)
  • I think there is a bug in BBInsertBar in default.php on line 48.

$result = mysql_query("SELECT DefaultFormatType FROM LUM_User WHERE UserID = '".$this->Context->Session->UserID."'");

AFAIK this should be

$result = mysql_query("SELECT DefaultFormatType FROM ".$this->Context->Configuration['DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX']."User WHERE UserID = '".$this->Context->Session->UserID."'");

if database table prefix is not 'LUM_' it causes mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in .../extensions/BBInsertBar/default.php on line 49
  • Yes, I also have this problem. Just pops up a warning. Everything seems to work, though.

I changed my tables to 'LUM_' to solve the issue.
  • hm somehow the inofficial 2.0 doesn't work for me. when i click a button, it simply jumps back to the top of the page.
    does anybody know how to fix that?
  • okay, i disabled some extensions. now some buttons don't link to the top of the page and insert stuff like "bb" and "ii"
    this is really weird. i hope anybody knows how to fix that, i'd really like to use the unofficial 2.0 :/
  • *bump*
    even with the original version, when i'm pressing a button, i get this
    undefinedbundefinedthis text should be boldundefined/bundefined
    so what is this? :/ can anybody help me?
  • Can you give us the URL of the forum this is happening on please?
  • I'm using v2.0. I've just enabled it. When I click on a button (like bold) it does nothing apart from jump up to the top of the page. Anybody know why?
  • same thing for v2.0 here.

stash, i'm sorry. the project isn't relesed yet. so it is not open for everyone
  • I've updated the unofficial build to v0.3. Quick-tested in FF 2, Safari 2, IE 6.

Fixes:
    - Resolves table prefix bug mentioned above
    - Resolves conflict with jQuery
    - YouTube button now works (Some assembly required. Instructions in read-me)*

* Please note I am a client-side developer (not a server-side). I developed a client-side solution, though it could probably be done better by someone with server-side knowledge. That said, it works.

BBInsertBar v0.3
  • It doesnt seem to be displaying for me anymore. PS: you forgot to change the version number in default.php ;)
  • I have created a modification of the BBInsertBar extension 0.1.5 for my forum. This is what I changed.

First, because I use the DefaultFormatter extension on my forum, and I have it remove the radio buttons, I have modified the BBInsertBar to only support HTML. This is ironic because it is the BBInsertBar. I think this might make my modification less useful to some people, but if you want your forum to be HTML only, like mine, this will work quite well.

Secondly, I modified the InsertURL functionality. Now if you have selected some text, it will no longer prompt you for link text and use the selected text instead. However, if you have not selected any text when you push the link button, it will still prompt you.

Lastly, I added a video button. It allows embedding video for youtube, google, or myspace in the way that is supported by the HtmlFormatter extension. It does this with two prompts, and it is rather clumsy. However, it solves the problem of having to teach my forum users how to write the tags themselves.

My modified extension is available to download here.
  • uhm. i think i figured out what was responsible for the errors i got. its the livesearch plugin. when i disable it everything works fine
  • Woah. I'm going mad with this extension. When i install the 0.1.5 it throws out thing like
    undefinedbundefinedthis text should be boldundefined/bundefined
    so i downloadet the unofficial 0.2, it worked fine yesterday. now when i click on a button the brackets just do not appeat so i get
    btext should be boldb

what is this? :/ help!
  • I have experienced the same problem - that there are no brackets on inserted BB code. I have found that this can be remedied if the user clicks the "HTML" radio button and then clicks the "BBcode" button afterward. Is there any reason why this happens? It seems like this should be a relatively easy fix.