Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Account Pictures

Comments

• dudes, this is really starting to make me crazy. the plugin works quite fine, but after the upload the files have wrong permissions. they all are set to 600. so the files are not accesible from the browser. nothing i can do. HELP! PLEASE!
  • found a solution.
    if your uploaded files are not accessible because of wrong chmod, do the following:

in phpThumb.class.php

search for: if (file_put_contents($renderfilename, $this->outputImageData))
    and $this->DebugMessage('RenderToFile('.$renderfilename.') succeeded', __FILE__, __LINE__);

in between add:

chmod($renderfilename, 0644);
  • Anyone having the issue that "lament" mentioned [on page 2] with the comment icon in the "vaneablack" style can fix the issue by replacing line #58 in file "extensions/AccountPictures/default.php" with this code:

#Comments .CommentHeader li div.CommentIcon { background: transparent center center no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; }

Hope that helps someone! :o)

----
  • Do any of you guys have a hack for this addon so that old pictures get deleted/removed/overwritten by the new uploads?

I don't mean to nag but this functionality is logic 101, I don't want my server to fill up with junk.

Thanks
  • Looks like its time for someone to reup a fully patched version.
  • Is anybody else having problems with animated gifs? Mine upload fine, but they aren't animated, it's like it's only uploading 1 frame.
  • Spode, Just a minor thing, but for those using your excellent tip to change the URL inputs on the Personal Info page to "hidden", you'll need to close the </ul> tag in the replacement code fragment otherwise it doesn't play nice with the following Custom Options stuff; So this, echo '<input type="hidden" name="Picture" value="'.$this->User->Picture.'" maxlength="255" class="SmallInput" id="txtPicture" /> <input type="hidden" name="Icon" value="'.$this->User->Icon.'" maxlength="255" class="SmallInput" id="txtIcon" />'; Should be, echo '<input type="hidden" name="Picture" value="'.$this->User->Picture.'" maxlength="255" class="SmallInput" id="txtPicture" /> <input type="hidden" name="Icon" value="'.$this->User->Icon.'" maxlength="255" class="SmallInput" id="txtIcon" /></ul>';
  • Hi everyone Any Help for this kind of error, I realized some of you had this before but no solution!! Warning: move_uploaded_file(D:/Hosting/3891730/html/vb/uploads/AccountPictures/4a99f1fa87d9aad9d670250a36c7a017.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\3891730\html\vb\library\Framework\Framework.Class.Uploader.php on line 113 Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'D:\Temp\php\phpAF31.tmp' to 'D:/Hosting/3891730/html/vb/uploads/AccountPictures/4a99f1fa87d9aad9d670250a36c7a017.jpg' in D:\Hosting\3891730\html\vb\library\Framework\Framework.Class.Uploader.php on line 113
  • I saw that someone had the same problem but I couldn't find a solution in this thread: I installed this add-on and chmoded the uploads directory to 777. However the uploaded images are always chmoded 600 and won't show up in the forum. When I change chmod manually for the uploaded images to 777, then it's working. Has someone a solution how the uploaded images will be set to chmod 777 or 755 automatically or what could cause my problem?
  • uploaded small pic and larger pic but it has a black or white background. Can someone assist me with a remedy?
  • It seems as though it only occurs with .png images. Transparent images in .gif upload fine. I get the following error when I attempt to upload a .png image: Well I'll be @#$*! I went to copy paste the error and this time it uploaded the .png image with no problem? Not only did it upload the image, but it also uploaded it without the white or black background? Hmm...Go figure? I'm of the mind that if it ain't broke, don't fix it so I guess I'll comment back later if it gets buggy on me again.
  • Ok, here it is when i attempt to upload the .png image with internet explorer, I get the following error: Some problems were encountered You are not allowed to upload (3901.png) the requested file type: image/x-png When I use firefox, I have no problem whatsoever. That's fine for me, I prefer firefox over internet explorer. As for those who visit the forum that are using internet explorer, is their a fix for this aside from telling them to switch to firefox?
  • So, is there a way to support a wider range of privileges? I would like anyone with high enough privileges to be able to edit any account picture (i.e. for any other account). This way administrators can change or remove inappropriate pictures. There does not appear to be a way to do this at present.

Another problem is that the "Account Pictures" link that appears in the side bar when viewing a user profile, links to the current *logged in* user's admin page for uploading pictures. The two accounts should not be mixed up like this. Either do not display the link when viewing other people's pictures or - preferably - provide a link in context so that it takes you to the edit page for that user (assuming there is sufficient privilege, hiding the link if there is not).

Edit: I have updated the module for my own purposes so that it can be used to upload images for *any* user, provided you have sufficient privileges. The cancel and menu links also now match the user, and the menu 'Account Pictures' link only displays when it is relevant.

I've put the new version here:

http://www.consil.co.uk/downloads/AccountPictures.zip

In general, what are we supposed to do with updates to modules that have not seen a release in two years, but are desperately in need of a number of patches to be applied? Obviously it would be great if the changes I have made could be merged back into the original (if they are features that are wanted), along with various bug fixes.

-- Jason
  • It would be useful if there was a more clear explination in the readme file on how to where to put the upload file and how to make it writeable. It seems that several people have asked about it, but i didn't see any answers...
  • cassandra - the files go into uploads/AccountPictures/ and each is given a random name.

-- Jason
  • I guess i needed to know what the whole path was? Is it in the extentions folder or just in the vanilla/uploads?

*** SUCCESS! vanilla/uploads/AccountPictures

I'm learning things!
  • Can't get it to support transparent gif. Gives me a white background to image. Anybody know how to resolve this.
  • I just tried this, didn't like what it did to the images, so disabled and then removed it. Now my Account panel has a huge blank space above the user's details. How to fix this please? (Been through so many files I'm loosing the will to live).
  • I got the following error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class phpthumb in [edit: path removed]/extensions/AccountPictures/phpThumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 18 This occurred when I tried to upload an icon AND a picture in one go. Made the following change to default.php find line 148: include(dirname(__FILE__) . '/phpThumb/phpthumb.class.php'); change to: include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/phpThumb/phpthumb.class.php'); Problem appears to be fixed. Thread is getting long - not sure if this has been spotted and fixed before. Please disregard if it has.
  • Hi guys, i have a big problem. I have a tweaked version of Vanilla and most of some extensions and recently i saw a bug. I didn't see it before because i wasn't testing the following. The extensions with the possible bugs are: BlogThis and Account Pictures. I have BlogThis configured to "Allow bloggers to have a freetext profile". As you may know Account Pictures is to allow users to upload an avatar. The bug is reproduced on 2 scenarios. Scenario #1 The user enters his "freetext profile" and after saving goes to change his avatar. Once he saves the Account Pictures form, his "freetext profile" dissapears. Scenario #2 Vice versa. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!