Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Preview Post

Comments

• I'm using the tabled theme
  • I'm getting extra lines in the preview, compared to the submitted message. Maybe AutoP interferes with this extension?
  • Is it possible to use this extension with the delbat theme?
  • Conflict between FCKeditor and Preview Post 2.1? # 16

Any chance of getting this patch into preview post? It seemed to work just fine for me with and without FCK enabled.

mattucf, yes, I think it does. If you have any ideas on stopping it conflicting, please let me know in the AutoP discussion.
  • Uploaded version 2.5.1 of Preview Post.
  • ok I added it in
  • Lovely job SirNot, thanks :)

Just a random thought related to IE6, now that IE7 is out and gaining ground, would it be worth changing the preview graphic back to being an alpha blended PNG and adding the GIF one just for IE6 and lower via a conditional style sheet? It's just that the preview graphic looks a little rough now when it was smooth before (I understand the reasons for changing it at the time).
  • I started trying to hack the preview.js file to output code that would work with the tabled theme, but I'm absolute rubbish with Javascript. Anyone else willing to help out and take a stab at it?
  • any ideas on the fix for FCK conflict?
  • 2.5.1 includes the fix, just read the 5 or so posts directly before yours...

It's working in my Vanilla test forums. You will need to be signed up and logged in to try it out.
  • I am running 2.5.1 and the latest FCK :-) Any suggestions
  • Check the order of activation of the extensions in the header and try and duplicate it - see if it helps. Actually, before you do that, post the order of activation of your extensions here so we have a record. If there's a conflict in the extension activation ordering that is causing this we need to know. Where are your forums, always helps if we can have a look around.
  • hey stash - vintagebaseballcardforum.com is the forum. I actually deactivated them both - reuploaded - made the change suggested in FCK and then activated FCK followed by PP. Thanks for your help on this.
  • So it's working now?
  • it still seems funky to me.
  • Interesting, if you try and embed an image and don't properly write the code - the preview shoves all the text to the "left" side of the screen. If you write the code properly - it displays in the correct place. You might want to consider looking into that.
  • Could anyone please rewrite this extension so that it would work in tabled / delbat themes? I tried my best, but didn't succeed.
  • it should just be a matter of fixing up the js to find/insert different html...
  • Yeah, I know. Guess I lack the skills :]
  • Nice - thanks, SirNot.

Not sure if you're after WYSIWYG perfection - if so, only flaws I've seen are Vanillacons don't show and addressee / BG color of whispers isn't added (one user remarked this made her uneasy about hitting "submit").