Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Attachments

Comments

• I had a problem with Attachements 2.

I had to go into my php.ini file and turn file uploads on.

file_uploads On
    upload_max_filesize = "1M"
    upload_tmp_dir = "/absolute/path/to/your/tmp/uploads"

All works fine for me with friendlyURLs and InlineImages.
  • i'm having this error: Some problems were encountered The file you attempted to upload (USB to RS232 1.1.zip) was empty. You are not allowed to upload (USB to RS232 1.1.zip) the requested file type: this file, "USB to RS232 1.1.zip" contains a readme file and a few directories. i tried uploading a zip file which contained only a readme.txt with the same name and it worked. unsure why when directories are present within the zip file itself, attachments cannot detect anything. i've already input the MIME type and changed the typos in source code. any idea what to do?
  • Spode, Aristotle: I don't know the cause, but I know the fix--until the cause is found you will need to modify a core file, as I noted here:Forced Category # 10
  • WallPhone - your fix works nicely. I'm happy to use this for the moment, as I just haven't had time to look for a bug myself. It may well be a true "bug", in which case it will be fixed by the next release.
  • is there any way to; instead of individually adding allowed filetypes; to add disallowed filetypes. (exe, reg, sys, etc.)
  • note: this plugin breaks "text mode" plugin. images will still display.
  • Please respect translators! We can to rewrite extension code. It starts to bore...

PLEASE! Use $Context->SetDefenition instead $Context->Dictionary .
  • I have a problem using this extension and friendly urls extension at same time. When I "forget" to put in a discussion topic. I get an error saying: Some problems were encountered but when I turn Friendly URL's ant attachments ON. I don't get directed to the error message screen, I get redirected my website's error document. Do you know how solve it? Thanks
  • Are you using the old one, or the new one?
  • I'm using the new. It's better the old? thanks
  • All the new one does is store the attachment info in the database, rather than in a file (like PageManager does). I think once the new one was created, the old one was abandoned, and I wanted to be sure that wasn't the source of your troubles. As a short term fix, try not "forgetting" to put in a topic. :-P
  • Is there any way that I can sort multiple attachments by name?
  • Curious, how difficult would it be for me to allow posting comments w/o any text in the input box?

As in, I'd like to have people able to upload images and not have to type anything out.

I ask this because w/o any text in the input, you get this error:

Some problems were encountered
    You must enter a value for the comments input.

If this has already been brought up before, sorry that I missed it. I tried looking around though.
  • Is there anyway to actually view the attachments in a message rather than just having the link?
  • Okay got it! inlineimage...
  • Attachments used to work for me... and now it suddenly doesn't. I've tried reinstalling it a few times and without fail I get this message when I go to the attachments setting page:
    Notice: Undefined index: ATTACHMENT_DISPLAY_IMAGE_PROCESSING in /home/uncohel8/public_html/thesentinelsguild/extensions/Attachments/default.php on line 530
    Line 530 in default.php for me is this:
    $Selector->SelectedValue = $this->Context->Configuration['ATTACHMENT_DISPLAY_IMAGE_PROCESSING'];
    Can anyone help?
  • Hah, somehow I had downloaded version 1.4 of attachments. Not sure how that happened? Anyway, updated to 2 and it works like a charm.
  • Can we attachment any file type with this? I was trying to attach a MS Publisher file and got the following error: Some problems were encountered You are not allowed to upload (Calendar.pub) the requested file type: application/vnd.ms-publisher
  • Ok - I'm having major grief with Attachments

I've just moved to a new dedicated server, and attachments were not working, and seemed to lose the post when uploading:
    The requested discussion could not be found
    I've now managed to solve this by reading through this thread to find the link to this post which advises editing the Vanilla core to solve the problem (which works!)

http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/7935/forced-category/#Comment_84234

So, next up I discover that I can't now upload files.
    Failed to upload the file: continue.gif
    So, some playing around with phpinfo() leads me to discover that my upload_tmp_dir was not set!
    Very strange for a default install, but there you go. So I've edited that but now there's no luck either.

Can anyone help? I have spent days on this so far...

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Great add-on!!!!!