Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Invite-Only System

Comments

• @ fery: I added a new error message, that should tell us which part of the process fail (I didn't change the version number, nobody else than you need to upgrade).
  • ah ok, thanks dino I'll give this a try
  • ok, so the error messages finally are:

1) Could not add column and tables for the Invitation System extension to your DB.
    2) Notice: Undefined index: Invitation in /srv/www/web391/html/Leute/extensions/InviteOnlySystem/conf/settings.php on line 31

also if i remove the four mentioned db tables in database.php

(all folders are chmod 755)
  • It seems the problem is with $Context->DatabaseTables['Invitation']. It can't find it but it's defined in InviteOnlySystem/conf/database.php. I don't know what is the problem.
  • Erm, Hi. Not too sure whether this has been answered or not, but I've installed this add-on on and everything seems to be running smoothly. The only problem is that I cannot locate the form for it. I mean, it is nowhere. I've read readme.txt and it says nothing. I've read the comments made and they do not help. I've set everything up in settings and it is not in my account section. Any help?
  • Quin, when you are logged in on your account page there should be a link in left column label "Invitations". Click on that to get to the form. If you don't see it then my guess would be that you did not enable the Invite-Only extension on your settings Registration page.
  • this is a great add on, thanks.

are there any plans to add a text area so users sending out invitations can send a custom message to the invitee?

without this customized message many invitees are thinking it's spam.
  • pretty god idea also it does not work for me
  • it just doesn't work. after it's enabling in "extensions" nothing happens :(
  • What is the problem? Have you read the instructions?
  • anybody checked it with 1.1.4?
    ps. i think i managed to handle this ext... still it should be interesting to add a possibility of a blank or fake page for guests
  • hi, it not work with version 1.1.5a, can you check and find for bug. please edit: find in Options->Registration Settings my fault :)
  • hi, i don't want users to ask for more invites. where can i block that? thanks
  • Not working for me either.

I've got Vanilla 1.1.5a. I have activated the extension and then ticked "Invitation System On" in Registration Settings. Nothing appears on Account pages, there is no "Invitations" link as well.

Am I doing something wrong or is the extension really not working?
  • ok, I have un-installed and installed again this add-on several times now, still no luck.

I give up. Please help me, I see that some people got it working. Do I have to downgrade to 1.1.4? I can do that.
  • Damn it, downgrading to 1.1.4 didn't help either. I'll try a couple of earlier versions but this is getting really weird.
  • Have you added the permissions to sent invitation to your admin and user roles?
  • personally i'm not getting any errors and it appears i've been able to send out a few invites. none of the people i've sent invites to have received them, i'm hoping they're smart enough to check their junk folders....

is there a way to check to see if they did indeed get them or if there was a problem sending to them?

everything installed and i've found all the admin settings i needed to turn on too.

hopefully it's not something asinine that i've done, do you have any thoughts on how i can find out if it's sending correctly?
  • Hello! I want to completely close my forum. I'd only like the admins to be able to invite people to it. Is there any way to set this up?
  • Does this work for vanilla 2?