Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category Filter

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Category Filter

Comments

• It would be nice it if it were live updates.

Also, I'm noticing many add-ons (not just this one) are not inheritting the styles from the panel. Isn't that something which should be easy?
  • Hmm, since updating to Vanilla 1.1.1 the filter does'nt work any more. Is it only me or do others have this problem too? By the way, what would be the code for making the browser auto-refresh after marking a choice?
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of Category Filter.
  • You need to update to version 1.1 if you want it to work with the latest Vanilla.

Version 1.1 - 09.03.2007, Jazzman
    - Added SessionPostBackKey for Categoryblock ajax page
    - Added option to enable auto refresh after (un)checking a checkbox
    - Fixed Progress animation

If you want to enable auto refresh, open the default.php file and change the configuration parameter.
  • jazzman, that's awesome! lightning-fast service, added the wanted option and it works like a charm. you're my hero! cheers, scythoior ps: i enabled the auto-refresh, cause our forum has only five categories ;-) works great.
  • Any chance we can get this to work with the GlobalSettings extension? So that an admin can filter out all the categories they want, and then the user can decide what they see and don't see?
  • if you disable this extension, it leaves blocked categories blocked, but no option to restore them. is there anyway to globally reset it back to default for everyone?
  • On my setup it seems that the category filters won't work if you are not logged on. Is this just on my setup or everywhere? Can anyone confirm, please?

If this is true, could it be made to work for visitors who are not logged on, or is this not possible without a session (e.g. you can't block and unblock categories from the categories pane without being logged on).

If not possible, it should not appear when not logged in. Also, it should not appear for pre-category-filtered views of discussions. For this change the following context check at the beginning of the plug-in:

if ( ($Context->SelfUrl == 'index.php') && (ForceIncomingInt( 'CategoryID', 0 ) == 0 ) && $Context->Session->UserID > 0 )
  • On my setup it seems that the category filters won't work if you are not logged on. Is this just on my setup or everywhere? Can anyone confirm, please?
    Same probleme here.
This discussion has been closed.