Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thankful People

2»

Comments

• Yet another one... Notice: Undefined index: ThankfulPeople in /home/myserver/public_html/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 522 Notice: Undefined index: ThankfulPeople in /home/myserver/public_html/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 68 Notice: Undefined index: ThankfulPeople in /home/myserver/public_html/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 117 Notice: Undefined index: ThankfulPeople in /home/myserver/public_html/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 117 Notice: Undefined index: ThankfulPeople in /home/myserver/public_html/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 68 A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while retrieving data. Affected Elements ThankfulPeople.CommentGrid_InitThankfulPeople(); The error occurred on or near: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as CommentID, tp. as UserID, u.Name as UserName from LUM_Comment m inner join ' at line 1 For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs Any suggestion? Could it be related to http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/6945/databasephp-erased-oh-noes-helps/#Item_12 ? It happened simultaneously.
  • Add the followings lines to database.php// Thankful People Table Structure $DatabaseTables['ThankfulPeople'] = 'ThankfulPeople'; $DatabaseColumns['ThankfulPeople']['CommentID'] = 'CommentID'; $DatabaseColumns['ThankfulPeople']['UserID'] = 'UserID';
    Also check that you have in settings.php:$Configuration['THANKFULPEOPLE_VERSION'] = '1.0';
  • btw dinoboff, why do we need to add extension version number in the settings.php
  • it is not my extension... but I suppose it is to ease the next upgrade.
  • Love this extension! For anyone else who has moved their conf/database.php file out of their web root, you'll need to edit line 44 from this:

if (!AppendToConfigurationFile($Configuration['APPLICATION_PATH'].'conf/database.php', $Structure)) $Errors = 1;

to this:

if (!AppendToConfigurationFile($Configuration['DATABASE_PATH'], $Structure)) $Errors = 1;

Where your conf/settings.php file has the $Configuration['DATABASE_PATH'] pointing to the location of your database.php file.

Thanks for a great extension.
  • If I wanted to create a new add-on that only works when the number of Thankful People for a particular user is greater than 1, what is the code that I use in that other add on?

I'm basically looking for an "if" statement that figures out the Thankful People count for any particular user. Any ideas?

Never mind, I figured it out.
  • If there should be "insult votes"-function please make it optional so the admin can deactivate this function (I dont like it).

It would be nice if the amount of thankfull peoples who have voted for the initial discussion-post would be displayed on the overview-page/frontpage.
  • Dear people very new BUT NOT totally DUMB one here...I would like to use this extension BUT..it ain't got a read me file. It dont seem to work on the extension folder....and it changed the conf/extensions.php.....which with my small brain I feel very clever for fixing myself..said the little red hen BUT can someone tell moi where to put it. I love vanilla.....so its not wasted on me! Thanks
  • After you activate this extension, you will only see the ability to thank someone on the Comments page. Then on each person's account page they can see how many thank you's they have received.
  • Been using this and love it, as does my userbase, I think. It'd be a great candidate for ajaxifying, so no page load is necessary after hitting thanks -- any plans (asking the author) or any tips (asking anyone) to leverage Mootools to make that happen?
  • I second that!
  • Oops, I got it now. I was supposed to install and activate ThankfulPeople first :P