Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hidden Text 2

1235»

Comments

• I busted something doing beautification.... The bracket hide] with your text here bracket/hide] works but the comment box hidden text link is busted. Can't find any errors any where. Suggestions as to what got busted in the .css updates? Thanks!
  • Wow, been ages since I've looked at this add-on. It would follow the same CSS for "big input". I don't remember adding any special styling. Its just a standard link with an ID of CommentBoxController? The CSS is rather small, if I remember correctly it was just for the hidden text/warning itself. If you can see the button for "big input" you *should* be able to see the hidden text button also. One in the same, one right after the other.
  • I'm having trouble with mootools deleting my extensions.php file. Since this is the only extension that I use which needs mootools, is there a way to use this extension without being dependent on mootools?
  • In short, no. If you use one of the older versions yes, but it is not the same. The older ones can only have one hidden item per post, and some other restriction which I dont remember, I think. This version relies on mootools to do basically all of its functions.
  • here is a version that can work with jQuery instead of mootool (using mootool is a bad idea as long as Vanilla and some extension still use prototype). http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/83967/vanilla/HiddenText.zip I refactored the Parser (only one instead of too), it uses SetDefinition(), I put the classes in their own file and added two definitions (InsertHiddenText and HiddenTextRemoved - this one is empty by default). To enable the jQuery version you need to set $Configuration['HIDDEN_TEXT_USE_JQUERY'] to 1.
  • SS ✭✭
    Small note to developer. // Add the link to insert the code brackets function Comment_HiddenText(&$CommentGrid) { $Comment = &$CommentGrid->DelegateParameters["Comment"]; $CommentList = &$CommentGrid->DelegateParameters["CommentList"]; $CommentList .= '<a href="#" onclick="HiddenText(document.getElementById(\'CommentBox\'),\'\'); return false;">insert hidden text</a>'; echo $CommentList; } No need to reference. Just 'echo'. echo <a href="#" onclick="...
  • this extension isn't working for me as well. it either hides the text completely or doesn't hide it and the links don't toggle the visibility... anyone else have it working?