Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Packer

Comments

• So now we have to move our images to the themes folder.?
    plus i fixed the packer based path in jqmedia. last time i updated it.
    the external.gif file in jqmedia isn't called from a style sheet.
  • Couldn't the the packer parse css for url(.+) and replace the path with the absolut path?
  • Is there any way I can fix CategoryIcons to work with Packer?
  • Is there any way I can fix CategoryIcons to work with Packer?
    That's easy, just change the style file. ;-)

Look for the parts with the image urls, and change them to the full pathes starting from webroot!
  • I've tried adding $Configuration['WEB_ROOT'] to the image location in the stylesheet, but that looks like it isn't recognized.
  • You just need to copy the images into the style folder.
  • I would like to keep the images where they are!
    I've tried adding $Configuration['WEB_ROOT'] to the image location in the stylesheet
    Of course not! There is no parsing or executing of php in styles!

Just change the parts with url(images/misc.gif) to something like url(/forum/extensions/CategoryIcons/images/misc.gif). Please check for the right path on your server!
  • Shouldn't you set a variable to equal...
    $Configuration['BASE_URL'].'extensions/CategoryIcons/images/misc.gif';

Posted: Friday, 30 March 2007 at 9:48AM

• Hi Wanderer!

Would be very nice, but it's a style sheet, not php!
  • Der, I knew that (didn't read the whole thread)!

Posted: Friday, 30 March 2007 at 5:16PM

• I'd be happy to send you the alpha version of vzippy to see if that solves (or even experiences) some of the problems listed here.
    See alpha testers wanted for vzippy thread. Dino has been nice enough to install it on the same server http://vzippy.edinet.co.uk/

Update: VZippy will not be released.
  • Uploaded version 0.4.beta.5 of Vanilla Packer.
  • Just a random OT comment for Mark...
    Could the Lussumo Bot learn to link to the updated file when it tells us about it? It would save me scrolling all the way up the page (yes, I'm lazy). So its post would look like:

Uploaded version 0.4.beta.5 of Vanilla Packer.
  • packer v3.0 is released http://dean.edwards.name/weblog/2007/04/packer3/ EDIT: i forgot u don't use the Packer
  • I am not sure there is a php4 version of dean edward's packer. That's why I use JSmin.
  • Just a random OT comment for Mark...
    Could the Lussumo Bot learn to link to the updated file when it tells us about it? It would save me scrolling all the way up the page (yes, I'm lazy). So its post would look like:

Uploaded version 0.4.beta.5 of Vanilla Packer.
    Lussumo Bot's post count also doesn't go up :P
  • I'll get the following Error:
    Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: Stat failed for /home/www/XYZ/html/dev/forum/http://www.domain.com/forum/extensions/BBInsertBar/functions.js (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/www/XYZ/html/dev/forum/library/Framework/Framework.Class.PackManager.php on line 225

There is a path mixed with an url.

Also js/css packer settings tells me: Not a valid or up-to-date css packer. I reuploaded 0.4b5, but it doesn't work.
  • Upps, sorry. I should read all messages. I'm not the first with the BBInsertBar-problem
  • Hmm I can't ressolve the BBInsertBar problem? I copied the images everywhere. Also css packer is still not valid.
  • You should replace line 154 and 155:$Head->AddStyleSheet($Context->Configuration["BASE_URL"].$Context->Configuration["BBBAR_PATH"].'style.css'); $Head->AddScript($Context->Configuration["BASE_URL"].$Context->Configuration["BBBAR_PATH"].'functions.js');
    by:$Head->AddStyleSheet($Context->Configuration["BBBAR_PATH"].'style.css'); $Head->AddScript($Context->Configuration["BBBAR_PATH"].'functions.js');
    That's how it should look like with or without the vanilla-packer.
This discussion has been closed.