Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Global Preference Setting

2»

Comments

• PROBLEM!

this addon works ... yes ... but only on the current users, not to the future ones :(

Example:
    I set "VisualEditing" to 1 - fine - all exisiting user got "VisualEditing" on now.
    But every NEW user who signs up AFTER i did this will have 0 (standard)

:(((

Is it a bug or should it be like this?
    Of course i do want that ALL users (even the future ones) got "VisualEditing" at 1

any idea? help? thx!
  • I only have a basic understanding of what this addon does. WIth that understanding, it changes settings of current users, not create a default setting. So, no Eugen, its not going to do what you want. You'd have to go into each extension, I'm assuming, and change the default for each. And I have no idea where to start with that. You'd have to post that question in each individual extension discussion.
  • hi garvin! thats the problem - i think the most users think this addon will create a DEFAULT setting and not just editing ols database entries :( Would even make more sense. but anyway ... i fixed my problem "dirty" until a addon is available who does what most users expect - to be able to set default prefernces for addons ;) thx for answering. greetings eugen
  • yeah this does not do what i thought it would do
  • mattmatt ✭✭
    Sorry, it is completely out of scope to manage default values for all extensions.

I suggest you change the extension so the default is as you require, then use this extension to clear that preference for all existing users so that every user is using the default value unless they opt to change it.
  • Oh, doesn't set a default.