Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blog

Comments

• no its not solved yet. I have no idea where the problem is
  • MySchizoBuddy had said: @strawberries Example site by mis-one Thanks MySchizoBuddy for the url. Sorry for taking a few days to reply. The blog is looking good. Keep up the sterling work.
  • on vacation. will fix things when i come back
  • Well, I hope you'll have a great time. You desserve it after all this work :)
  • I agree. Thanks again for all you contribute!
  • have a great holiday, MySchizoBuddy. Best wishes from Ireland.
  • This extension is great! Thank you very much, Schizo.

However, I got an error, similar to the problem sujang mentioned. When not signed in and browsing the blog, after clicking the sign-in link I receive an error:
    Notice: Undefined index: CssClass in /***/html/themes/people_banner.php on line 5

I would also love to see delegates used to prevent non-admin to write blog entries.
    Is it possible to use the more tag with the ForcedBBCode extension only?
  • Deleted discussions are still shown at the blog start page.
    Edit: First comment of blog discussion can't handle attachments. They are uploaded but not shown.
  • Jumping on Tex's first point - is there no way to prevent non-admins from posting? I can clear create/draft/etc privileges from the permissions for certain roles, but my users can still start a new discussion and simply put the new discussion in the blog category... Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious - it's late (in this part of the world) - should have been sleeping hours ago...
  • Category Roles allows you to set more granular permissions. It works just fine with this extension.
  • Agreed with Ø. That is what I use for my site.
  • As with Tex: When not signed in and viewing blog, clicking the sign in button results in an error. Notice: Undefined index: CssClass in .../home/themes/people_banner.php on line 5
  • Hi Schizo,

I have a problem with the Latest Discussions Prime extensions. I know this not a bug, and I'm not sure if it's this extension or yours which requires a little hack, but here's the problem. Draft posts are shown in the latest discussions list. Would there be a way to hide them (or even hide the whole blog category)?
  • there is an option in the blog preferences to hide blog posts from Discussion list
  • Me again, sorry. Latest Blog Posts are shown everywhere I defined them to do. Only at the discussions page they are not. Did I make a mistake anywhere (I'm sure I did miss something)?
  • Yep, I know there's an option for hiding blog posts in the discussion list, but in fact I was speaking about the Latest Discussions Prime list. I'd just like to know if there's a way to hide draft posts in this list, not in the main discussions list. Or maybe should I drop this extension and use Nuggets with a specific code instead?
  • Seems when I add a comment to a blog post, the comment replaces the original post on the main blog page (and the original post "sinks"). Is this by design? I'd like to have the main post on the main page and replies on the "reply" page!
  • I looked at the Blog add-on and it adds a field Draft to the Discussion table. Since it defaults to '0', I assume that means not a draft. So, you need to add an additional WHERE to the select in the LatestDiscussionPrime add-on, probably after the line:
    $s->AddWhere('cm', 'AuthUserID', '', $D->Context->Session->User->UserID, '='); ==> $s->AddWhere('t', 'Draft', '', '0', '=');
  • Jim, you're the man :)

Thanks a lot, it works just fine. The only "problem" is that when you edit the blog post in order to remove the draft status, it's marked as new by Latest Discussions Prime for the autor of the post, but this is definitely not a real problem.
  • Oops, I spoke too fast - in fact, looks like the draft is hidden only for his autor. I logged in as another user and tried as a guest, I still see it in both cases.

Edit: Ok, I added what you suggested also after line 48, like this :
    $s->AddOrderBy('DateCreated', 't', 'desc'); $s->AddWhere('t', 'Draft', '', '0', '=');
    ...and now it seems fine :)
This discussion has been closed.