Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blog

Comments

• For those of you who have experienced the following error when signing in from the 'Blog' page:

Notice: Undefined index: CssClass in /***/html/themes/people_banner.php on line 5

I've added a small workaround in my DefaultPage add-on. It removes ReturnUrl from the URL and seems to work. Only problem is that you will not be returned to the page you were viewing before signing-in.
  • First thanks for the excellent extension.

I am using Blog with CategoryRoles and am finding that the 'Start a new blog post' is visible for members who only have 'ReadOnly' access to the 'Blog' category. Am I missing something or is this an issue?
  • Hey is there a way to get this blog extension to work outside vanilla, by including certain vanilla files? IF so, how could i do this... ??? wayne
  • NO idea how you would do this.
    why would u wnat it outside vanilla?
    can't u use wordpress instead
  • :P, i'm just trying to come up with a solution to my problem. and thought it could be an idea :)... I just need a way for pages that are created outside vanilla where i could Display comments from Discussion->Topics... I guess i'm really just trying to use vanilla as a CMS :P I want to right an Article and Not have the Panel side bar attached and have users comment on this article.... That's it, this is why i'm seeming to have so many problems, because i want to use vanilla as a CMS lol, well then I guess it would be better if i made vanilla work with joomla 1.5 :)
  • got this error while using with Ajax quote: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/forum/extensions/AjaxQuote/default.php on line 60 also got some problem with attachments ext (attachment not shown in blog, only in discussion view) and discussion tags (completelly incompatible)... one more issue: latest blog header not shown in nugget on discussion page despite all others
  • you want attachments to appear in the blog post. have you tried using [Image_1] within the blog post.
    Whats your site
  • i've disabled blog so far because dudes needs this site working... also i met a problem that after disabling it, some users sees a "discussion not found" message when trying to create new discussion (not a blog post). but i got an idea to make a whole site on vanilla (despite the modx is cool too - easy keywords and metategs edit is serious advantage for seo-ing the static info) - vanilla allows to create a true clubing atmosphere and it's very cool soft too. :) about the discussion tags compatibility i might be hurried, sorry, i think appearing troubles follows of the dis.tags extension itself (0.3.1) and my newbie status to vanilla and sites creation. btw, anybody thought about an extension compatibility discussion creating and adding kinda table for it?
  • your ajaxquote things is not a conflict with blog extension. check line 60 of default.php file of Ajax quote.
  • sorry, i meant while ajax quote enabled when was trying to add a blog post it wrote me this stuff. when i disabled a-quote, it's ok to add a blog, but actually i don't remeber whether was it fine with simple discussions :) i'll get in touch with it (and ext-s' compabl.) more closely, for now there is a lot of admin's routine
  • Hi, is it possible to have this extension working for more than one category? So I can use the categories as tags... Do you think that would be possible to do? Thanks!
  • hmm it wasn't designed to this. although it is a good idea. it will require some work though.
  • Thanks for considering the idea, at least :)
  • adding it now won't make it backwards compatible. what about people who r already using just one category for blog
  • Well, I am not a PHP coder, unfortunately, so I don't think anything I say would be more than mere speculation. Would the option of adding more categories to the one already existent mess up previous configurations? I mean, one could choose to only blog one category, could the previous configurations be understood as a single category among a multiple choice? I guess it's a no...
  • Not sure why this is happening, but if I use HTML tags in my blog posts they don't take effect, whereas I'm not experiencing this issue when using HTML tags in normal discussions. Any idea?
  • Actually I lie :), some of the HTML tags do show up e.g. ordered list and bold but unordered list tag isn't working??
  • waynem80 wrote:
    Hey is there a way to get this blog extension to work outside vanilla, by including certain vanilla files? IF so, how could i do this... ???

Use the code from extensions.php without lines 34 to 38. Hardcode "?PostBackAction=Blog".
    Or even simpler: just remove line 34 to 38 and then include extensions.php?PostBackAction=Blog via an iframe into your other page.
  • How can I get this extions to display only blog entries by a certain user?
  • use search, replace the username with your own and the category of your blog
    http://lussumo.com/community/search/?PostBackAction=Search&Type=Discussions&Advanced=1&Keywords=&Categories=Blog&AuthUsername=MySchizoBuddy&btnSubmit=Search
This discussion has been closed.