Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SubCategories

Comments

• Does anybody have any ideas, please ? :-) http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=81708 (SubCategories # 100)
  • Hello everyone, I have installed the subcategory extension and it seems to be working except for the fact that they will not show up on the parent category page. I have created a test discussion and they show up in the discussions section, when you click on the discussion that was created in that subcategory along the top it shows that it is placed in the correct place. but I am still unable to view them from the parent categories page. I have edited the the categories.php file and that does not seem to wrok. can you please let me know what I can do to resolve this. Thank you Jesse
  • ok can someone fix this: ? when notify sends an email to my members they get a link (a private message) if they are not already logged in it gives errors and it ruins the site cuz it messes everything up Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /***/discussions/extensions/SubCategories/default.php on line 389 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /***/discussions/extensions/SubCategories/default.php on line 390 help me plz thank you
  • do you have friendly urls?
  • no i do not have it installed
  • ok; I saw in you url it had .../discussions/... in it, and it seemed as if maybe friendly urls was messing it up by adding that in, but I guess your forum must be contained in a folder called discussions?
  • wait umm it used to but i changed it to community so maybe after i changed it it got messed up
  • try disabling, then re-enabling notify and subcategories
  • i did that a few times it did not work
  • look through your */conf/settings.php file fr any incorrect entries. (any instance of .../discussions/...) and fix them
  • tried that but no everything is community
  • So I installed this extension and did everything right. Yet when I make my subcategories they always show in my top Category, and I can not figure out why. Like so: General Computer Console - Playstation The Playstation subcategory would show in the General category. Another example. Console General Computer - Playstation The Playstation sub category again would be showing in Console the top category. Any ideas that could help me out?
  • This is pretty important extension for me, anyone that can help?
  • Well I have abandoned the use of Vanilla due to not being able to figure this out, if anyone would like to enlighten me down the road, my aim is steven1022 and msn is justgetoffme22@gmail.com I have went with phpbb unfortunately due to the non responsive community here. Will not be returning most likely, bye.
  • Thank you very much for this much needed extension! The following produces an error: Category 1 - SubCategory 1 - - SubSubCategory 1 - SubCategory 2 - - SubSubCategory 1 Both of the SubSub categories are displayed inside of SubCategory 1, while SubCategory 2 does not contain any subcategories! (subcategory counts are correct though). Thank you. P.S.: Please see the other discussions that I started, both titled "Subcategories: etc.". I have posted this one here since this seems to be the place where the discussion is really alive :)
  • Is there a way of making the sub-categories display after the discussions?
  • Anyone working on an answer to the last question? Or can at least provide some guidance as to how this should be approached?
  • To fix the problem with
    Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /***/discussions/extensions/SubCategories/default.php on line 389 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /***/discussions/extensions/SubCategories/default.php on line 390
    add the following code to default.php:389
    if ($CommentGrid == null || $CommentGrid->Discussion == null) return;
  • work with latest version of vanilla 1.1.5a???????
  • steven1022 said:

Yet when I make my subcategories they always show in my top Category, and I can not figure out why. Like so:
    General
    Computer
    Console
    - Playstation
    The Playstation subcategory would show in the General category.

I had the same problem, and I think I found out why:

To get the Priority of the current category, default.php uses this sqlbuilder:
    $s = $Context->ObjectFactory->NewContextObject($Context, 'SqlBuilder');
    However, to find the parent, default.php uses this sqlbuilder:
    $s = $CategoryManager->GetCategoryBuilder(0, 1);
    When you check the code of Categorymanager, you see that its sqlbuilder does not look at priorities:
    $s->AddSelect(array('CategoryID', 'Name', 'Description'), 'c', '', '', '', 1);
    When you change the second sqlbuilder in default.php to
    $s = $Context->ObjectFactory->NewContextObject($Context, 'SqlBuilder');
    and add
    $s->SetMainTable('Category','c'); $s->AddSelect(array('Name', 'CategoryID', 'Priority'), 'c');
    it works as it should work.

I don't understand that this extension did work as it should for other people.