Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blogger

sjeepssjeeps
edited November 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Blogger

Comments

• Screenshots: (Updated for Blogger 1.4)

Vanilla Blogger!

Vanilla Blogger!

Vanilla Blogger!
  • Really really nice. Thank you.
  • Yeah, I like it. But, why did you choose "Blogger"?
  • @garvin
    I couldn't find a better name!
  • There seems to be some issues with the discussion overview plugin. You should check it out. There is a huge gap under the category name and the discussions.

There is also a problem when viewing member profiles.

Overall its the best theme on here.
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of Blogger.
  • @Alslinet
    "There seems to be some issues with the discussion overview plugin. You should check it out. There is a huge gap under the category name and the discussions."

Fixed by changing #Discussions float from "none" to "left" and adding a spacer to discussions.php to clear the .PageList

Screenshot: (Updated)

Vanilla Blogger!

"There is also a problem when viewing member profiles."

This's my screenshot: (Updated)

Vanilla Blogger!

And I don't see anything wrong with it, could you show me a screenshot for your site?
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of Blogger.
  • Im running it at a rather high resolution so you might not be able to see it as clear. It looks kinda squished into the side. Just thought i would mention it while i was leaving a comment you see. And thanks for fixing my number one problem.
  • Great theme. Only thing I'm missing is a little colour. The default theme does a great job of managing a lot of content on a page and making it visually easily digestible. I'm running a blog as a front page of one of my forums, and with that in mind, this works really well, but the discussion page feels like a lot of undifferentiated rows of text. That's not a strong criticism, just some feedback. Good work, and it's great to have an alternative theme for one of my forum's that I'm actually going to use... ;)
  • Ah. Just figured it out. I think the niggling thing for me is that links aren't differentiated until rollover - or at least there's an inconsistency between links in the discussion list (underlined) and links on the sidepanel (nada, except for the rollover effect).
  • @jsamlarose
    "Only thing I'm missing is a little colour"
    Well, the main 2 colors I used is just black and white. However, changing a:hover color or .ContentInfo h1 color to whatever you want should take care of that "little colour" you're missing. :)

A new theme (Grace) should be out be out soon with more calming and soft colors, thank you very much for the feedback.
  • I fixed a couple of things to make the css valid.

I changed all the
    to
    in the default.php.
    In the footer.php file, I added a after the:
    <p class="Vanilla"><a href="http://www.getvanilla.com" title="Get vanilla!">Vanilla Powered</a>

In the default.php, I changed:
    // some space //$Panel->AddString('<br/><br/><br/>', 100); /*jimw - replace with h2 below*/ to $Panel->AddString('<h2>Albums</h2><div id="AlbumList">',100); /*jimw*/
    and added the following after the "foreach" code:
    $Panel->AddString('</div>',100); /*jimw*/
  • <code></code> is your friend... ;)
  • Thanks jimw, I've been trying to upload a new source file for 2 days with some CSS fixes and the missing "</p>" in the foot.php file but guess what? I'm having trouble with it again (I'm using 7-zip) and i get this: "You are not allowed to upload (Blogger.zip) the requested file type: application/force-download" Any idea?! :)
  • I've also had this problem with both 7-zip and WinRAR. I guess something's changed in either the newer versions of these utilities and/or the config of the addons site. Sure is annoying though.

<assumption>Have you tried creating a ZIP file using the built in Windows zip creation?</assumption>
  • I found a few more things I updated in the vanilla.css file for the "update checking" facility in Vanilla. There is an image that is used to show it is checking and then the add-on info is colored if okay or not. Here it is:
    /* Update Check form */ /* remove jimw for new Update stuff in Vanilla 1.1.2 #Form.UpdateCheck p.Description { padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px !important; } */ /* Update Check form add jimw for Vanilla 1.1.2 */ .UpdateOld .Name, .UpdateGood .Name, .UpdateUnknown .Name, .UpdateChecking .Name { padding: 0px 0px 4px 23px !important; } .UpdateOld .Details, .UpdateGood .Details, .UpdateUnknown .Details, .UpdateChecking .Details { font-weight: normal; } .UpdateOld, .UpdateUnknown { background: #FFFFCC; } .UpdateGood { background: #FFFB97; } .UpdateChecking { background: #FFFEEC; } .UpdateOld .Name { background: url(ico.alert.gif) no-repeat top left; } .UpdateGood .Name { background: url(ico.check.gif) no-repeat top left; } .UpdateUnknown .Name { background: url(ico.unknown.gif) no-repeat top left; } .UpdateChecking .Name { background: url(progress.gif) no-repeat center left; }
  • @[Stash-]
    "Have you tried creating a ZIP file using the built in Windows zip creation?"

Yep, and it didn't work either!
  • Must be an addon site/browser problem in that case then...? Mark?
  • I found a conflict with the date display and the CategoryIcons add-on. I have a fix for it in the CategoryIcons style.css file:
    #Discussions li ul{ padding-left:2px; /*was 65 and moved from below where it was included with the Category items*/ /*jimw was 15 - changed for Blogger theme*/ } /*Image overlap fix*/ #Discussions li li { height:20px; /*jimw was 40 - changed for Blogger theme*/ } /**********************/ .Discussion{ position:relative; } .DiscussionCategory { /*width:60px !important;*/ /*jimw - removed for Blogger theme*/ /*height:60px !important;*/ /*jimw - removed for Blogger theme*/ /*padding:0; margin:0;*/ /*jimw - removed for Blogger theme*/ text-indent:-9999px; /*moves the Category name off the page*/ position:absolute; top:4px; right:2px; /*change to right if you want the image to the right*/ }