Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mootools

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Mootools

Comments

• Uploaded version 1.1 of Mootools.
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Mootools.
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Mootools.
  • Uploaded version 1.3 of Mootools.
  • As of 1.3 is compatible with SmoothPageJump and fixes problems on the Settings > Roles/Categories.
  • Uploaded version 1.4 of Mootools.
  • Question: you say "The script will handle any and all dependencies so you only have to list the bare minimum components." Exactly how? Do I need to specify which ones I need in reverse order (from the mootools download list)? I've got an addon that uses Fx.Slide, Window.DomReady, and Element.Selectors. Those are the minimums. Everything else is added (to the download list) thats required after selecting those. I tried that and couldn't get it to work, tried adding a couple extras too just in case, still didn't work. The only thing I didn't add was core, class, and native.

Thoughts?
  • It takes a page refresh for Mootools to force itself to the top of the extension list. Other than that I can't see what would be the problem. If you only need Fx.Slide, Window.DomReady and Element.Selectors then all you need to do is call:
    MT_AddComponent('Fx.Slide', 'Window.DomReady', 'Element.Selectors');
    All the dependencies will be added automatically. Also, it shouldn't matter which order you list them in.
  • Uploaded version 1.5 of Mootools.
  • Uploaded version 1.6 of Mootools.
  • Uploaded version 1.7 of Mootools.
  • It's much smaller as of 1.7 because I cut out all the cache files that were left over from testing. I've modified my build script so that it shouldn't happen again.
  • mootools.class.php still refers to the cache files.
  • It still uses them, yes. What I meant was that it was generating files and putting them in the cache while I was testing. When I built the extension, it copied those files into the extension archive so it had a bunch of unnecessary files that were using up space.
  • then why am I getting this: Warning: fopen(/path/to/vanilla/extensions/Mootools/cache/ca036f01dda60efb1edcb6f8cf8400e7): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/vanilla/extensions/Mootools/mootools.class.php on line 82 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /path/to/vanilla/extensions/Mootools/mootools.class.php on line 83 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /path/to/vanilla/extensions/Mootools/mootools.class.php on line 84 last minute thought: does the cache folder need to be writable? I don't think the download came with an empty cache folder EDIT: yea that fixes it .. I don't know that I did that for any of the previous versions ... oops now the collapsible panel works, except that there isn't a (+) / (-) icon, but when you click on the title of a panel, it collapses or re-expands.
  • Yup, I ran into your above error when I did a local install. I've added a section to the readme about making the cache folder writeable now. I don't think Collapsible Panel ever had [+] or [-] icons. Might add it to the to-do list though although it might inhibit support for other themes.
  • Oh, i saw when it uploaded add.png, and I thought it was for the (+) / (-) button, but now I see that it's for settings -> configure collapsible panel -> exceptions. my bad. it's good without (+) / (-) icons, I just thought it was something going wrong on my install. overall excellent extension --- now that I got it working; lol. (it was probably the cache issue all along)
  • Heh, I'm really glad to finally be rid of that bug. Ø had had it for ages and I spent so long trying to fix it. The worst part is that, in order to fix the bug, I had to type one extra character... an '&' to be specific. The problem is that I think you're using PHP 4 and I was testing on a PHP 5 server which meant that objects behaved slightly differently. I was passing the $Head object by reference (as opposed to by value) throughout the Mootools class but I forgot to pass it by reference in the delegate function. That's ok for PHP 5 which passes objects by reference by default but for PHP 4 you have to explicitely tell PHP to do that. And as a bonus, I also found out why the extension was so huge (after going over the 198k limit). I cleared out the cache folder which unluckily caused your cache issue. I might get a rest now...
  • I'm just glad you aren't one of those programmers that throws some code out with infinity plus one errors and abandons it. Actually the lussumo community in general isn't that way.
  • Uploaded version 1.8 of Mootools.
This discussion has been closed.