Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Live Discussions

12346»

Comments

• i think this is an awesome extension. but it doesn't seem to work for me. i've sat here for 5 minutes, and it hasn't updated. i'm on Firefox. is there a compatibility issue? i've also tested on IE7, dosn't work either. on top of that, the "Live Updates are On/Off" doesn't change when clicked. anyway a suggestion: have something under the Account Tab, an option: "Live Updated are On by Default". because mine keeps switching itself off for some reason.
  • gray, the issue of LD turning itself off is the same problem i am having. i have no idea why, but as far as i know, we are the only two people who are having this problem.
  • this extension totally rocks. unfortunately i can't use it on my selfmade design, i guess i deleted some piece of code or something >.< could you tell me wich code from vanilla standard code is used to insert the live posting? edit: okay. seems to work now. i get a strange bug when someone posts 2 new answers. the second one is beside the first one. not under it. any ideas?
  • Having the same problem. On/Off does nothing :(
  • looks like the support for this extension is already dying. a problem with a lot of vanilla extensions at the moment. i hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
  • No, the creator has just been absent for awhile. (1-2 mos.) It seems some things have "come up" in his life, which is understandable. When he was here, it was amazing how fast he whipped out extensions and patched problems with them!

you'll see...
  • In the sidebar, when I click "Live Updates are off" link under "Live Discussions" heading, it does nothing. Where do I configure Live Discussions and turn it "on"? Under my account, I only have the option of changing the page refresh time. My forum is located at http://www.bb.com.do Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks in advance.
  • Hey i'm pretty sure ive got permissionss and all the options set correctly though it doesn't seem to do anything? i have the mootools extention installed as well though if that means anything
  • I am unable to get this extension working either. despite trying all suggestions posted throughout this discussion, adding extensions that have been referenced here, removing the extension and re-installing it. The on/off link is temperamental, works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't, but as yet, I have not managed to get the discussion view to refresh once :( Real shame, would have liked to have this functionality in Vanilla, would have made an unbeatable forum even better ;)
  • It seams that the extension doesn't work with Safari. I've managed to get the on/off button to toggle with Firefox but I haven't witnessed it working yet.
  • The extension works well, however only for the comment grid, not discussions grid.
  • Live Discussions is switched "Off" and I'm not able to change this status to "on" when I'm using I.E. browser. When I use Firefox browser everything works fine though. I'm using I.E. version 7 and Firefox 3.