Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Preset Avatars

kalikianakalikiana New
edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Preset Avatars

Comments

• Nice; I think this one has been wanted for a while!
  • this is what i have been talking about yeah! good job so far everything is aweseome except fo one thing which i think is a styliung issue the profile pic comes out to be hte same size as the icon/avatar 32 by 32 can you fix that thanks ----------------- ok i fixed it i just took out everything that said picture in it i duno if that was the right thing to do but it has worked so far =========== also: i believe there are some styling issues for firefox
  • SUGGESTION! add this feature to yout addon make it so the admin can say how many icons show up per page like when the admin can select the icons to be 32 by 32 or the maximum size like that did i sound confusing?
  • Does this gadget work on its own or does it require another extension to upload avatars?

I would like to give my members the option of selecting an avatar from a list but not to upload their own.
  • you can do all that through the permissions
    and it does not need another addon
    it is a stand alone addon
    which is awesome!!!

the only thing so far is that it has firefox issuse (well i have them) and the profile pic issue i mentioned in my oboe post

QUESTION
    do i make groups writable for custum avatars or others?

thanks in advance
  • This is really cute. One thing that I've run into though is that there's initially no radio button selected, which for me causes an error the page is updated. I'd initially check the 'no avatar' by default. But apart from that, I agree, this is awesome!
  • it is really cool, except for the styling issues
  • Hey, I am happy you like the addon. It provides just the function I personally missed in Vanilla.

Hamed, thank you for your feedback so far, I will try to look into all of it.
    the profile pic comes out to be hte same size as the icon/avatar 32 by 32
    can you fix that
    You can specify the size of the avatars. There is no distinction between the avatar you see near comments and the picture in the profile. The uploaded file is not resized in any way. Therefore both pictures show at the same size.
    add this feature to yout addon
    make it so the admin can say how many icons show up per page
    like when the admin can select the icons to be 32 by 32
    or the maximum size
    like that
    Do you mean you have so many avatars that you want them to show up on multiple pages? It never occured to me that this could be a problem. I might look into.
    i believe there are some styling issues for firefox
    Can you please try to explain this in detail, possibly with a screenshot?
    do i make groups writable for custum avatars or others?
    I'm afraid I don't understand the question.
    One thing that I've run into though is that there's initially no radio button selected, which for me causes an error the page is updated. I'd initially check the 'no avatar' by default.
    Good catch. I will do something about this soon.
  • Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

that is the styling issue---

i will have to get a screen capture of the photo pic later,(by reverting to how the default.php file was) cuz i edited your default.php and fixed it
    but i am not sure if i did it right
  • If you set the size to 32x32 it gets applied to the Account Picture as well, not what I was expecting.

I set it to zero and it leaves the Account Picture size alone.
  • yeah that is what i said (one of the same issues i am having) by the way kalikiana, I am using firefox if that helps any
  • I cannot get anything to work. I install the plugin and activate it, and its options show up on my settings panel. However when I go to my user account or the test account I created I see nothing.
  • jbomb did you set the relevant permissions for both members and admins?

PERMISSION_USE_CUSTOM_AVATAR
    PERMISSION_USE_PRESET_AVATAR

Another reason the readme file needs to be more precise and people should read the readme!
  • I read the readme and learned nothing. What exactly should I edit for those? Am I editing the default.php file?
  • No no, in Settings->Roles & Permissions!

Set these to checked for your members, administrators and any other roles you want...

PERMISSION_USE_CUSTOM_AVATAR
    PERMISSION_USE_PRESET_AVATAR
  • Thank you so much. I really think that should have been at least mentioned in the readme file.
  • I don't understand how users can find this option. How do they select their avatars.
  • if they go under their account page, it will be there (make sure to set permission for them to be able to do that)
  • Is there away to change the page width. Have it were members can pick a 100x100 avatars and it would be nice to have more then just 3 colums. Thanks! This is a great add-on by the way!!
  • Never mind! I fixed it! I changed the account pages size!