Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Community Moderation

Comments

• Thanks - I think I see the cause of that and will make sure to test it and fix it for the next release. I will post here if I have any difficulty reproducing the error.

EDIT: No, now that I took a second look, this problem should not occur. It looks to me like some other extension or theme may be setting the $Panel global variable in the logout process but not setting it to be a Vanilla Panel object. What other extensions do you have installed?
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of Community Moderation.
  • This is really a great extension. It works very well, however I have a problem with user permissions. It seems like permissions aren't taken in account when I change them - and I can't access the extension settings. I was able to set permissions once, then the link to the settings disappeared. I've no idea what's causing this.
    Nevermind, settings are accessible now.
  • I'm using the vanbook style and it doesn't quite fit in with it, the '0 points' bit overlaps the 'edit' and 'quote' buttons. Anyone modified the style for themselves to get around this problem? I just wanted to ask before I dive in and try and change it myself.
  • I doubt anyone else has modified the style much yet, as this is still relatively new, but please go ahead and fix it all you want. I'm not a CSS wizard so the people who are just made it look good with the default Vanilla style. If you have an improvement that doesn't break default Vanilla compatibility I'd gladly add it into the next version, as well. I hope you find this extension useful. =)
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Community Moderation.
  • Version 1.2 changes the code a bit to place the moderation vote lists outside of the comment body 'div', fixing compatibility with the Quotations extension (which, with prior versions of this extension, would include the then-current vote list in the quoted body, possibly even including vote lists that other people would not/should not see.)
  • I can't find where to change the settings.... I want to get rid of the maximum score. We want to use high scores to award prizes. We might also want to tweak a couple of things. But I just cant figure it out... I'm new so the answer is probably obvious. Thanks!
  • The Friendly URL addon still interferes with the "About" link located on the left panel.

Just a heads up. :)
  • I am trying to get the Community Moderation extension to work, but so far I only see a menu entry in the left panel that shows the number of points available and a link to "About community moderation". I don't see anyway to moderate a post or anyway to change settings. I am using Vanilla 1.1.5a, Community Moderation 1.2, along with several other extensions. I am using the vanilla theme with a slightly modified style. Any thought or ideas on how to get Community Moderation working? Thanks!
  • You have to define the permissions, they're all off by default.
  • fmimoso, Thanks! That was the clue that I was missing. I needed to go and edit the various user roles and add permissions for the Community Moderation functions. Once I did that, things are working like they should.
  • Sorry I haven't been active and answering questions. I am uploading a new version, which will fix a bug I found where the non-moderation points total was incorrectly calculated, leading to users getting a negative score (and thus being banned from posting) just based on not being active enough. You should never lose the ability to post just because you haven't been around, but rather only if you have actively posted "bad" comments.
  • Uploaded version 1.3 of Community Moderation.
  • I have just installed this on www.greenbuildingforum.co.uk and though it looks like it might help us control unfriendly members there are a few things I would rather not have displayed. For instance, firstly, I don't really want the 'score' to be displayed on the 'All discussions' page. Des anyone know if anf how this could be removed please?
  • Keith, you can hide the score by adding this to your CSS file:

.DiscussionScore { display: none; }
  • This looks neat, but for my needs it's sort of overkill. What I would need is a simpler system, where one can rate comments positive, or negative, and it's hidden with 3 negative comments, and a page for moderators showing users with a high number of negatively reated comments. You don't by chance plan to allow this with your extension? Otherwise I'd have to try to find time for it :)
  • kalikiana, the extension is pretty customizable. Per your specifications: (1) one can rate comments positive, or negative (check!) (2) and it's hidden with 3 negative comments (just set your threshold to 3 instead of 25 or whatever the default is) (3) page for moderators showing users with a high number of negatively reated comments. (I THINK to make this happen, the developer would need to tweak the user search so you can search (perhaps sort?) for users by their user score).
  • Hi,
    The Friendly Urls addon still breaks the AboutCommunityModeration link.
  • Anyone could give us a showcase for this addons? U know any forum that use it?