Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

TagThis

Comments

• Uploaded version 1.07 of TagThis.
  • Sorry for the last two updates.

I would *love* some volunteers that could perhaps help test extensions before I make them public.
  • I'd be very interested in tagging others' discussions, too.
  • oeln - that's as simple as editing the discussion, assuming you have rights.

Or are you thinking more open than that?
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Hey Spode, great update...thanks!

I can help with testing feel free to contact me at simon.raize[at]gmail.com
  • Cheers Raize - appreciated.
  • Hey Spode this extension is great! I'm testing it and everything runs very smooth!!! I would like to have the tagcloud in the discussion view below the title. Can you tell me how can i do that? Thanks
  • Hi,

I have 1.1.5a installed. I added this extension (with fingers crossed) but cannot see anything. Is it me or is this strictly for 1.1.4?

Thanks
  • Hi osid have you enabled the extension to your role?
  • AH, I hadn't.

I have now though. I have 3 roles and ticked the 'tag your own discussions' box for each of them. I logged out, and then logged in as a 'Member' but don't see anything. Part of the trouble is that I don't really know what i'm looking for

Thanks for the help
  • Start a new discussion and add some tags. Then you should see a few tags on the bottom left sidebar panel. If you edit the old discussions you can add tags as well. Cheers.
  • Right. Got it :-) Thanks I love Vanilla. I have started a forum website so I can play with it.
    Hi Spode,

In the readme for TagThis it says that the font size maximum/minimum is adjustable. I was wondering where I can adjust these values. The smaller tags on my forum are so small that they are indecipherable lol
  • If you open default.php - it's at the very top!
    Thanks, done! My list of tags is growing pretty long, but I think it helps for the search engines
  • Yes - I'm tempted to add some sort of tag limiter. I need to give it some thought!
  • Just a comment - TagThis gets an error when domain is hosted in PHP 4.x - once i changed the PHP to 5.2.x it loaded properly - maybe we can keep this just as a warning for people who might develop this error in the future
  • Thanks Drawab - that's useful to know. I think a number of extensions are PHP5 specific in here.
  • I love this extension, works really well. I think the option to automatically create tags from the title of a post would be very useful, as often when posting people do not enter tags, though I think perhaps if possible it should check to see if the user has entered tags already, and perhaps add from the title if keywords are missing ? As mentioned above by bochen, I would also like to be able to see the tags on each discussion in the discussion list (on a new line below the post stats). I see no need to be able to edit/add them from there, but the display would be very handy. Thanks for a great extension :)
  • Hi Brandric - comments taken on board. I'll take a look at this next time I'm developing it :)